Santa Maul found this clip in his sack a few days ago, and he trusts that you will take Mr. Colbert’s advice and buy many, many Force FX lightsabers. No lowly stick could match its fine quality of making George Lucas and Hasbro shareholders (like Santa Maul!) richer.
Santa Maul invites his many lady friends (and perhaps a few of his man friends as well) to feast their eyes on Sideshow’s new Attack of the Clones Obi-Wan figure. These 12 inches of bearded Obi-Wan can be preordered on Friday for those who qualify. Santa Maul is not familiar enough with Sideshow’s arcane practices to guess what that means, or when the figures will be shipping, but he does believe that many a fan would appreciate the gesture even if it does come down to an empty box on the day in question.
Santa Maul also recommends io9’s Gift Ideas for the Ten Major Species of Science Fiction Fan, though overall he finds their choices rather obvious.
Santa Maul has been pondering the perfect gift for the burgeoning evil mastermind, and The New York Times has revealed it to him. A British phone company is offering for sale an underground tunnel complex built during World War II as a bomb shelter! A virtual bargain at only $7.4 million, particularly when one notes that it contains a bar. Santa Maul regrets that London is not convenient to his lifestyle, else he would buy it himself, or rather whammy the current owners into thinking he did.
Santa Maul loves Black Friday. Not only is it the day he awakens from his long slumber, but it’s the busiest shopping day of the year. And while Santa Maul loves sales, what he loves the most is the chaos and rage of consumers throughout the galaxy! And in 25 days, when the rage and frustration reaches its height, he shall give his master Darth Sinterklaas an unholy wake-up call, and all followers of the Sith shall be rewarded!
Alas, in recent years many shoppers have wised up and moved their Sithmas shopping online. This makes Santa Maul angry. So angry that he occasionally unleashes his power to bring down a shopping site! He may be crashing one right now. And in the spirit of the season, he is imploring you to help in the madness and buy things:
- George Lucas needs your money! Santa Maul is particularly fond of this Darksiders hoodie.
- Dreams and Visions Press is offering free shipping on Celebration Japan exclusive Star Wars: The Art of Ralph McQuarrie
- Fan documentary The Force Among Us is on sale for $10.77.
- Buy more toys at Entertainment Earth. Toys are Santa Maul’s favorite, particularly those with sound, flashing lights, and many breakable parts!
- If you leave the house, be sure to take Hasbro coupons.
- Amazon.com has many early deals on DVDs. Santa Maul yearns for a copy of Sith and the City: The Movie.
- Santa Maul can not imagine that anyone has not yet read Harry Potter, but backwards sorts can catch up with a seven-book hardcover set for $109.97.
It’s a wee bit too early for holiday shopping, no matter what the store decorations say. Still, Amazon is right this minute offering the Disney / Pixar Ultimate Collection for $109.99, 54% off list price. The DVD set contains every major Pixar release from Toy Story through Ratatouille, so I’m sure we all know someone who would appreciate it. (via)
You can get the complete series of either Buffy the Vampire Slayer or The X-Files on the cheap at Amazon today. They still come out pretty pricey – $94.99 for Buffy, and $230.99 for Spooky – but both are discounted about a hundred bucks off retail and qualify for free shipping. Other DVD deals include CJ favorites Veronica Mars and Gilmore Girls.
I’m in denial that the holiday decorations have been up for weeks and the 24/7 Christmas carols await us on Friday morning. So what better excuse to get your holiday shopping done now and online?
I’m not pulling Santa Maul out of his hibernation yet (one must never wake a hibernating Sith before Thanksgiving) but here are some quick gift suggestions for the geek in your life:
- Lightsaber jewelry from Spotted Octopus. I’ve posted this many times before, but new items show up periodically.
- Fantastic steampunk jewelery from Dangerous Detritus.
- Support other indie crafters by browsing and buying at Etsy.
- How about one of the Top 11 Geek T-shirts?
- ThinkGeek has a holiday gift guide: I like the Cassette Tape Tote Bag, Periodic Table Refrigerator Magnets, Laboratory Beaker Mug, their ample collection of geek shirts for ladies and the glow brick, which almost sorta resembles a Holocron if you squint.
- And of course Star Wars Shop is having their ‘biggest sale ever’.
Santa Maul is very much in favor of Ask Metafilter’s passive-aggressive gift thread. It brings back Santa Maul’s pain-tinged childhood memories of training with Darth Sinterklaas, and a tear to… No, that’s dust.
Santa Maul reminds you: The greatest gifts are those that keep on giving.