- People: Emmy-winning comedic actor Harvey Korman, who died on Thursday, is probably best known for his work on The Carol Burnett Show… But he also had a role in The Star Wars Holiday Special as the four-armed chef Gormaanda. Over at StarWars.com, Bonnie Burton pays tribute.
- Technology: Yahoo’s Ben Patterson ponders when Star Wars and Indiana Jones will make it to Blu-ray. He’s way more optimistic than I am, not that I even own a Blu-ray player.
- Disney: An article on ILMer Hayden Landis’ work on Indy IV confirms that a Star Tours makeover is underway. (via)
- Jediism: Time interviews Jedi Church co-founder Daniel Jones.
- Music: Nerdcore in The Guardian.
Blue Sky Disney has a bluebird friend (err, ‘Bothan Spy’) who reports that “George Lucas is working with Disney on some very interesting designs for the sequel” to Star Tours, as well as additional GFFA-themed concepts to keep it company. Not surprisingly, a big promotion for Indy IV is also in the stars for spring.
The posters advertising a “tour” to Yavin are somewhat inaccurate, as Yavin was actually a gas giant, and the Rebel base was on Yavin IV, one of the moons. Duh. They also feature a shot of Luke on a tauntaun on the poster for Hoth, as well as shots of Bespin, but the ride itself renders that nonsensical, since the tour clearly takes place during the Battle of Yavin, before the Alliance relocated to Hoth or anyone went to Cloud City. Again: Duh.
Star Tours turned 20 yesterday. Next year we’ll take it out drinking. Or something.