April 26th, 2010 by Dunc · No Comments
April 3rd, 2010 by Dunc · No Comments
March 31st, 2010 by Dunc · 1 Comment
March 25th, 2010 by Dunc · 10 Comments
USA Today was in a Star Wars mood, busting out a big article on the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back focusing on the consistently overhyped yet always fanboy-pleasing Boba Fett, who will be making his Clone Wars debut next month voiced by Daniel Logan. I remain perplexed, but what else is new?
March 10th, 2010 by Dunc · 3 Comments
I guess Boba Fett is taking Karen Traviss’ departure pretty hard. Don’t worry Boba, you’ll find love again. Or at least, quarters. (via)
September 1st, 2009 by Dunc · 1 Comment
The Jawas were hard at work, and here’s some of what they found on Etsy this week.
- I think this Empire Strikes Back Babydoll tunic dress/top is adorable! Not so sure I support the suggestion of leggings as pants, though. Still, it’s cute. Just wear real pants. ($29.99)
- TypsyGypsyTees also has several Star Wars items, including this AT-AT onesie ($14) or a girl cut probe droid tee. ($20)
- A Return of the Jedi ‘boob tube style dress’ by Natty Boho. ($60)
- Kick it in style at your next con with Star War Chucks by Chylde. ($50)
- A Return of the Jedi tutu? Why not? It’s by XPoppysWickedGardenX. ($40) Also in ANH, Yoda, and a Clone Wars halter top.
- Let your freak flag really fly with the Boba Fett ski mask by Unclaimed Baggage. ($70)
- Or keep your hipster cred with the Star Wars cycling cap by MMildredSnodgrass. ($32)
(The Jawas are still hard at work sorting listings, so stay tuned.)
July 19th, 2009 by Dunc · 1 Comment
July 18th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
January 8th, 2009 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Scrap the Maker? The relaunched Sci-Fi Wire (now in blog form!) has come up with nine reasons for George Lucas to retire already. Cinematical then made a poll out of it, and ‘yes, please’ is winning. Your thoughts? I honestly don’t care all that much as long as he sticks to the prequel/intertrilogy era.
- 501st: The Heart of an Empire documentary is now available on DVD.
- Fanmade: Check out this homemade Princess Leia outfit for Barbie, complete with bun hat!
- Wait, what? Obi-Wan (Guinness version) is one of Idol Chatter’s top ten Jewish movie characters. I don’t see it, but okay.
- Ballot-stuffing time: Han Solo and Boba Fett are up MTV’s Greatest Badass Search. Who to vote for? Well, only one of them exited stage left by falling down a tentacle hole, and the other one is played by the same guy as Indiana Jones. Or, Darth Vader. Your choice.
- Merchandise: The retail season of Valentine’s Day is night, so of course there are Clone Wars and Indy IV valentines.
→ 2 CommentsFiled: fandom
Tagged: 501st legion · barbie · boba fett · darth vader · fanmade · george lucas · han solo · heart of an empire · leia organa · obi-wan kenobi · polls · valentine's day
November 17th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Don’t forget to rate it on our highly scientific, well-thought out poll.