- OMG PONIES! Mari Kasurinen has added three new Star Wars figures to her custom My Little Pony gallery: A farmboy Luke, slave Leia, and Han in carbonite.
- Technology: An impressive Artoo casemod made with a trash can and a mere $120 in additional parts.
- Crafts: The Darth Vader hula girl. I always knew he had it in him.
- The blogside: Bryan Young defends Jar Jar Binks over at Den of Geek. (via)
Han and Leia by Steph Swanger takes the Gone With the Wind pose back to the source. (I figure since in past years I’ve tormented you with twincest, photoshoppery, and Law & Order, it wouldn’t hurt to go traditional. Just this once.)
Looking for more holiday stuff? StarWars.com rounds up their offerings.
(Twitter folks, click here.)
Scrap the Maker? The relaunched Sci-Fi Wire (now in blog form!) has come up with nine reasons for George Lucas to retire already. Cinematical then made a poll out of it, and ‘yes, please’ is winning. Your thoughts? I honestly don’t care all that much as long as he sticks to the prequel/intertrilogy era.
- 501st: The Heart of an Empire documentary is now available on DVD.
- Fanmade: Check out this homemade Princess Leia outfit for Barbie, complete with bun hat!
- Wait, what? Obi-Wan (Guinness version) is one of Idol Chatter’s top ten Jewish movie characters. I don’t see it, but okay.
- Ballot-stuffing time: Han Solo and Boba Fett are up MTV’s Greatest Badass Search. Who to vote for? Well, only one of them exited stage left by falling down a tentacle hole, and the other one is played by the same guy as Indiana Jones. Or, Darth Vader. Your choice.
- Merchandise: The retail season of Valentine’s Day is night, so of course there are Clone Wars and Indy IV valentines.
- Smooth. Lando, the cologne. Because, why not?
- Fanmade: Look, I’m usually all over the My Little Pony mashups, but Mari Kasurinen’s Chewbacca pony scares the living daylights out of me. It wants your soul. Much less terrifying is Boba Fett.
- Lists: Topless Robot has the ten best action figures based on real people. Jorg Sacul is #7. Also, you can’t make a top five space cowboys list without Han Solo.
- Video: Attack of the Clones in 5 seconds. Obvious spoof is obvious, but worth a giggle.
Han Solo’s illegitimate daughter (maybe,) Danielle Kieran. Proving, if nothing else, that Harrison Ford would not look all that great in drag.
Better a Wookiee than a Selonian, I guess. (We’ll leave them to Corran.)
- Fanfic: Simon Pegg wrote some. No, for real.
- Appearances: Guess who showed up at the re-opening of the National Museum of American History? Artoo! We never would have guessed he was so patriotic. (Thanks, Stooge!)
- Lists: Topless Robot is on a roll with Five reasons Padme is a complete idiot. (Dude, I keep sayin’…) and the ten biggest robot bastards.
- Gaming: The problems inherent in Lego Star Wars.
- Weird: I’m not sure which of Bonnie’s finds is more disturbing: “A Love That Transcends Time, Space & Manufacturer” or Jar Jar Salad. Less freaky: Darth Tater’s Great Adventures.
- The ‘whine more’ files: Man sells his “faith in George Lucas” (aka a 12″ Darth Maul) on eBay for $23 Australian. (via)
- Lists: Speeder bikes are one of io9’s five scifi cycles to adore.