We got nothing, folks. Nothing. Okay, there was TFU and Clone Wars, but nothing else major. Not even Blu-Ray! The StarWars.com write-up is up for those of you who want a less grumpy take on things… My unhinged ramblings, and what Moulin Rouge has to do with The Clone Wars, are beneath the cut (or on the twitter.) Continue reading “SDCC ’09: Star Wars Spectacular? Not so much…”
It’s Friday, and ‘Trespass’ debuts tonight. The episode introduces Chairman Chi Cho, voiced by Brian George, and also features quite a bit of Threepio. Get a preview with the latest webcomic, ‘Cold Snap’
- Last week: Watch ‘Defenders of Peace.’
- Reviews: CJ reader Ben Rollman (Xadrian) is doing them for Television Zombies. Here’s ‘Jedi Crash.’
- Podcast: The Force-Cast’s Clone Wars Roundtable talk ‘Defenders of Peace’ with Fanboy’s Kyle Newman.
- Merchandise: eFX is producing an Ahsoka Tano Lightsaber; Some new kid’s books from Penguin.
- Exhibits: Where Science Meets Imagination opened in St. Paul this week, so naturally there’s plenty of press (featuring Anthony Daniels) from the locals, like the Star Tribune and KARE 11.
- Holidays: Sunday is Father’s Day, which means a lot of lip service for The Empire Strikes Back. Watch it with your dad!
- Random celebrities: Showbiz Ireland makes much ado about some Tatooine-esque getup of Colin Farrell’s. Hey, at least he’s not wearing a bad wig.
StarWars.com has announced that Mark Hamill and Anthony Daniels will be guests at the third 30th anniversary convention taking place outside Tokyo this June. Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch, Jake Lloyd, Temuera Morrison, Daniel Logan and Matthew Wood are also confirmed.
I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence or what, but all the Celebration Europe press I ran across today is so… sensationalist.
First, Daily Mail reporter Tanya Gold doesn’t even get a paragraph into her CE experience before breaking out the requisite ‘Get a life’ comment. Keeping reading – it’s full of such classy gems. Although I do like the description of Steve Sansweet as George Lucas’ “representative on Earth.”
As for the real stars of the CE experience, we have comments from Anthony Daniels, admonishing Sir Alec Guinness and a trifecta of Mark Hamill comments that the blurb artists are trying their damnedest on: ‘wanting’ to be Vader; the Luke warehouse; and the one with the legs, Portman’s a babe.