Earlier we announced that Dark Horse Comics had unveiled several new Star Wars titles for 2012 at New York Comic-Con. Now that the official press releases have gone out, here’s some more info about each new story.
- Knights of the Old Republic: War – Zayne Carrick has been drafted in war between Revan and the Republic against the Mandalorians. Starting in January, this story written by John Jackson Miller will continue the adventures from his Knights of the Old Republic series, but Dark Horse assures us that it is also a great entry point into Star Wars comics. Rebelscum.com has a sample page.
- Darth Vader and the Ghost Prison – Haden Blackman returns to write this five issue story about Darth Vader, starting in May. As Vader gets used to his role in serving the Emperor, there’s an assassination plot afoot! Blackman talked with Newsarama about the story involving the Dark Lord of the Sith and Moff Trachta, as well as getting into Vader’s head.
- Blood Ties: Boba Fett is Dead – Tom Taylor describes this new Blood Ties story (coming in April) with: “Boba Fett is dead. The most infamous hunter in the galaxy has been hunted. He’s lying, broken, on the desert floor. He’s more blaster-holes than man. It’s the ultimate ending. However, this is just the start of our story. With the fall of Fett broadcast across the galaxy, someone rises to avenge him. But who would care about the death of a man like Fett? Bounty hunters aren’t exactly known for their enduring, close friendships but even a man like Boba Fett has family… and now a Blood Tie demands blood.”
- Dawn of the Jedi – John Ostrander and Jan Duursema delve into the origins of the Jedi in this brand new series, set 25,000 years before the movies. We’ve already heard a bit about it from interviews, but here’s the official blurb. Issue #0 and Issue #1 (Starting the Force Storm arc) both come out in February.
- Knight Errant: Escape – The next story arc in the adventures of Kerra Holt, one-woman Jedi wrecking crew in Sith space starts up in June for a five-issue run. Although with a title like Escape, I wonder if John Jackson Miller will have Kerra fighting for her life more than fighting to liberate worlds from the Sith warlords.
Looks like we are going to have a very cool 2012 for Star Wars comics!
3 Replies to “NYCC: More info revealed about new Star Wars comics”
A few of these sound pretty interesting. I haven’t had a whole lot of interest in the comics side of Star Wars in the last few years (liked what I read of Knights of the Old Republic and Knight Errant, but couldn’t get into them, and Legacy just kind of made me grumpy) but I might have to check some of these out. Dawn of the Jedi especially, could be neat. Used to really enjoy the pre-Republic Tales of the Jedi stuff back in the ’90s.
Oh. Wait. Dawn is being done by Ostrander and Duursema? Well color me apprehensive. The interest was fun while it lasted.
“Boba Fett is Dead” – yeah, just like Darth Maul…
On the bright side, if a man cleaved in two can be revived, why not Mara?
Okay, so I’m dreaming.
Comments are closed.