Buns over Broadway. Carrie Fisher’s one-woman show ‘Wishful Drinking’ opened on Broadway this weekend, and the reviews are in. Not too shabby! Let’s not forget the woman herself is still blogging away… And not pulling any punches, either.
Why is the goofy news always from the U.K.? Two stories involving David Prowse… In the first, his car breaks down. Okay, maybe not so wacky, except the part where it used to belong to Kenny Baker, thus allowing all the ability to write a silly headline. In the second, a house where the actor was filming a drama was raided by police after neighbors reported the film crew as being there to shot a porn flick.
Behind the CGI. The New York Daily News has a nice piece profiling the Clone Wars voice talent.
In Concert. Naturally the tour is getting some (digital) ink; L.A. Times’ Hero Complex talked to several folks, including host Anthony Daniels; Pheonix New Times’ Benjamin Leatherman was not particularly impressed, though he did give the masses a say. (Ahh, Twitter. Removing the journalist’s need to actually talk to people for comment since 2006.) As for the places where it’s yet to come, Chicago Now’s Geek to Me and The Ottawa Citizen have taken notice.
- Nov. 24: Ottawa, Ontario; Scotiabank Bank Centre
- Nov. 25: Montreal, Quebec; Bell Centre
- Dec. 1: Toledo, OH; Lucas County Arena
- Dec. 6 (two shows, Phil says:) Chicago, IL; United Center
- Dec. 12: Indianapolis, IN; Conseco Fieldhouse
UPDATE: The Star Wars: In Concert site has updated with the above plus:
- Dec. 9: Kansas City; Sprint Center (On sale Oct. 17)
- Dec. 13: Nashville, TN; Sommet Center (On Sale Oct. 24)
The tour is only just beginning, and new dates have been flowing into Ticketmaster all week. Tickets are available for many of the newly-announced dates: I just snagged some great seats at one of the Detroit shows. (The previous on-sale date of 9/23 was only for AMEX cardholders.) I’m including all the recently added dates here, but the latest additions are in green.
- Nov. 12: Manchester, NH; Verizon Wireless Arena.
- Nov 20: East Rutherford, NJ; IZOD Center.
- Nov 20, 21 (three shows:) Long Island, NY; Nassau Coliseum
- Nov. 26: Toronto, ON (Canada;) Air Canada Centre. (Americans, don’t forget about the new passport requirements.)
- Dec. 8: Omaha, NE; Qwest Center Omaha.
- Dec. 10: St Louis, MO; Scottrade Center.
New York and New Jersey go on pre-sale 10/5 and to the general public 10/10; St. Louis presale is on now, with general admission 10/10. Toronto general admission starts 10/03. Manchester, Baltimore, Columbus, Omaha and Cincinnati are on sale now.