October 20th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
September 1st, 2009 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Jedi gear isn’t too hard to make yourself (or so I’ve heard) but if sewing isn’t a priority, you can probably do worse than looking around Etsy. Here are a few listings the Jawas have scrounged up.
Actually, there are several Jedi robes. My favorite listing is probably Brown Cloak of the Republic, featuring claims of fabric that resists “attacks by the dark side.” ($129.95) But your best bargain may be CustomKids, which will make a child-sized Jedi robe for only $19.99.
September 1st, 2009 by Dunc · 1 Comment
The Jawas were hard at work, and here’s some of what they found on Etsy this week.
- I think this Empire Strikes Back Babydoll tunic dress/top is adorable! Not so sure I support the suggestion of leggings as pants, though. Still, it’s cute. Just wear real pants. ($29.99)
- TypsyGypsyTees also has several Star Wars items, including this AT-AT onesie ($14) or a girl cut probe droid tee. ($20)
- A Return of the Jedi ‘boob tube style dress’ by Natty Boho. ($60)
- Kick it in style at your next con with Star War Chucks by Chylde. ($50)
- A Return of the Jedi tutu? Why not? It’s by XPoppysWickedGardenX. ($40) Also in ANH, Yoda, and a Clone Wars halter top.
- Let your freak flag really fly with the Boba Fett ski mask by Unclaimed Baggage. ($70)
- Or keep your hipster cred with the Star Wars cycling cap by MMildredSnodgrass. ($32)
(The Jawas are still hard at work sorting listings, so stay tuned.)
The fandom minute: L/M on Etsy, Star Wars car culture, 70′s school stuff, Palpy’s plummet, and cake!
August 28th, 2009 by Dunc · 4 Comments
There really is something for everyone on Etsy. I’m prepping a few posts for next week, and I ran across a Luke and Mara Wedding cake topper. (What a post-ROTJ EU pairing has to do with The Clone Wars I have no idea.) The seller, Hildoom, also has a Yoda Birthday Cake topper for sale.
Back to school. StarWars.com takes a look back at the 70′s with retro class cear from Helix.
Lists. Palpatine makes #1 on Sci-Fi Squad’s top ten sci-fi deaths.
Cakes. A neat Millenium Falcon by Da Bombe Desserts.
If only… io9 suggests swapping the writing staffs of The Clone Wars and the The Venture Brothers, which may be the only way to get me to cheerfully watch the former.
→ 4 CommentsFiled: expanded universe · star wars · the clone wars
Tagged: cakes · etsy · fanmade · food · lists · luke skywalker · mara jade · merchandise · millennium falcon · palpatine · retro · the venture bros · yoda
June 18th, 2009 by Dunc · 2 Comments
It’s Etsy time again! Once again, I have overextended myself in the search for handmade Star Wars stuff, and it’ll take several posts to clear it all out. Clearly a sign I should do this more often, no?
June 17th, 2009 by Dunc · 3 Comments
April 27th, 2009 by Dunc · 2 Comments
April 27th, 2009 by Dunc · 4 Comments
Of all the things I’ve come to expect on Etsy, a complete bathroom theme set has to be the most surprising… Yet completely natural. The only thing I should really be shocked at is that they haven’t apparently made a liscensed one yet. (Or have they?)
We’ve seen bedroom gear and dishware (The Phantom Menace ones were better) but bathroom products? Suddenly I’m seeing a new use for my Darth Vader pimp cup. [Vintage Star Wars Bath Sets by Greatful Thread, $165.]
(Check back later today for more Etsy gems!)
February 3rd, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
- Knitsaber (pattern) by our own CarbonScoring, $4. Or purchase them already made in green, purple, hot pink, glow in the dark or Asajj Ventress-style, $17-25.
- Clone Trooper Pinata by Pinatas By Mail, $24.95. There’s a Darth Vader avaliable as well.
- Star Wars Peggies (two sets of four) by Naked Peggies, $30.
- Yoda Penguin by The Pink Koala, $9.
- Finger Puppets (set of nine) by littlefox71, $22. A set of four goes for $10.
- Joda, a Scrappy Catnip Monster by On A Whimm, $8.
February 2nd, 2009 by Dunc · 5 Comments
This second set of Etsy finds this week highlights things you wear and carry. Corsets, hats, buttons… Anything you can imagine, someone has no doubt made it. (No jewelery, but everything I saw this time I’ve already blogged about.)
- Darth Vader Corset Top (Custom order) by TheVintageDoctor, $130.
- Leia Earmuffs Beanie (Crochet pattern) by Talli’s Designs, $5. Or buy one already made in lilac/cream or red, $25.
- Star Wars patchwork scarf by Sweetharsh, $45.
- Luke Skywalker pouch by Dang Argyle, $17. Also, Luke, Leia & Han, $12. (I actually bought a similar item from Dang Argyle at a local craft show about a year ago, and I can vouch that their goods are very sturdy and well-made.)
- Han Shot First button by The Pink Samurai, $1.50.
Come back Wednesday for the final installment!