StarWars.com has episode guides and preview clips for ‘Ambush’ and ‘Rising Malevolence’. Meanwhile, The Clone Wars web comic launches.
- No Cartoon Network? Episodes will be available on iTunes the day after airing, and stream on both CartoonNetwork.com and StarWars.com after a week. (UPDATE: A behind-the-scenes special is available for free on iTunes.)
- UPDATE: The Force-Cast has a TCW roundtable with Dave Filoni and Henry Gilroy.
- Newsday has another preview clip.
- Rebelscum reveals the contents of the Clone Wars press kit.
- Reviews: Chicago Sun-Times, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, Boston Herald, The Kansas City Star, Pioneer Press, Zap2it, IGN, Crave, and Toon Zone.
More new contract fallout: Alex Irvine details the timing of his ‘ancient Jedi’ novel on his blog:
…Yours truly is going to be writing a novel set just before the Knights of the Old Republic storyline. Since I am one of those guys who saw the movie (you know, The Movie; you know the one I mean) a dozen times the summer it came out, this is kind of a dream come true. Viva la Geek! Plus, there are some interesting open spaces in the continuity from that period, which give me a lot of room to work.
Isn’t that what the comics are doing? Oh well: I won’t even pretend to be an expert on that time period. (Some have speculated that this could be related to the still-rumored KOTOR MMO, but aren’t direct game tie-ins handled by separate contracts?)
JadeCon is never a good time for real blogging, and so several stories over the last week got missed. Now that I’ve slept an entire night (and then some,) and taken a Claritin (damn you, con crud!) and am finally back in the land of working wireless, here’s some of The Clone Wars stuff that got missed:
Don’t forget to vote in our poll and review post.