Star Trek reviews are starting to flow in, and the Tomatometer has dropped to a stunning 93%. Huh.
- But Ebert was not blown away. (Though I doubt anyone will get ranty at him for it.) However, both my local guy Tom Long and Entertainment Weekly’s Owen Gleiberman are both impressed.
- Burger King’s Trek-themed ads are awesomely bizarre.
- Five reasons to love Kirk, and six Trek technologies that are already here.
- Spock artwork made from spools of thread.
- John Scalzi recaps the previous Trek movies in haiku form.
2 Replies to “Star Trek release only hours away”
Geez, Ebert is not impressed and complaining about the lack of logic and good sense with the technologies in the movie… Excuse me but then why didn’t he mention this kind of things in previous space opera movies, like star wars and all? I do respect him but his review is obviously coming from someone who had decided not to give the movie any good review, no matter what. That’s my rant ;)
I’m not a trekkie, had no idea what to expect, and I had a GREAT time, the movie deserves the good reviews.
It’s real good summer fun, I guess the people who worked on Wolvie should takes notes from now on as well. LOL!
Our theater in Oklahoma got permission to show it early – we saw it tonight at 7. They didn’t advertise, just told people who walked up in the day to ask if there was a midnight showing that they would be showing it at 7 and 10. Good film.
Comments are closed.