It’s heaven for fabric hunters! I just got back from Joann Fabrics and Crafts where there were loads of designs we hadn’t seen before from Eugene Fabrics.
In addition to the fabrics spotted previously, there were:
- Three polar fleece designs in Clone Wars, Original Trilogy (in cartoon style) and a black and white Vader.
- In Clone Wars, there were two flannels; one in blue tones and another in green.
- A cotton of nothing but Marvel comics covers.
- An OT ships design to complement the Clone Wars ships design released last year.
- A black and white cotton with OT characters Vader, Yoda, Artoo, Threepio and Luke.
Sadly, it’s not showing up on their website for ordering, yet. But if you have a store near you they should be able to order it for you.
Even sadder is the complete dearth of “girly” fabric designs. Did they not like how quickly the Leia fabric disappeared the last time? And more smaller designs would be helpful for us quilters. But it’s new stuff! So, overall…Yay!
5 Replies to “New wave of Star Wars fabrics rolls on”
I’d really like to see a small repeating design of the imperial or republic logos, or the Naboo symbol. Her Universe tried that out a while ago on that tote bag they were prototyping, but I guess nothing came of it–and I’d want the fabric more than the bag, personally.
I’m totally with you, Annalee. I’m hoping the logo/Imperial symbol repeater will sell well and quickly so they get the idea.
I think the 501st will flip over that one. It goes well with Stormtrooper armour.
I need to get some of the Marvel comic cover fabric! Thanks for the update- I was going to JoAnns tomorrow anyway. :)
For real. That Marvel one is awesome! Especially since #24 is so prominent on there. (Intentional Clone Wars tie-in?)
Steve Sansweet should make a suit for Celebration 6 out of the Marvel fabric. If he doesn’t I will. Love it!
Comments are closed.