The Clone Wars soundtrack album is coming, composer Kevin Kiner told Star Wars Underworld.
As first reported a few days back, Del Rey was promoting Joe Schreiber’s upcoming Deathtroopers novel with a free soundtrack CD at the New York Comic Con. Now, Schreiber goes over the soundtrack playlist on his blog. With some of the aforementioned musicians, the soundtrack also included some Pixies, Allison Krauss, Tool, and Rob Zombie — and starts off with the 20th Century Fox fanfare. Not since “Christmas in the Stars” have some lucky fans gotten a Star Wars album so eclectic.
- Review: SFX gives the movie four stars.
- People: George Lucas in The Times; Reel Talk has an audio interview with Dave Filoni from SDCC. (via;) Matt Lanter talks to Skewed and Reviewed about voicing Anakin Skywalker.
- Music: ScoreNotes has an audio interview with composer Kevin Kiner; You can preview his work (and gander at some mild spoilers) over at starwarsthemusic.com. (via)
- Posters: CanMag has a couple of new quad posters.
With August and the release date bearing down, the news is (finally, overwhelmingly) starting to flow…
- The movie is set to premiere August 10 at Hollywood’s historic Egyptian Theatre (where ESB premiered) with all proceeds going to American Cinematheque, a non-profit film organization. Members can order tickets early, but they go on sale for the public on July 23.
- The soundtrack will be out August 12.
- More kid’s book covers spotted on Amazon by Eddie and Zee Zee: Decide Your Destiny #1: The Way Of The Jedi, Operation Huttlet, Meet Ahsoka Tano and Sticker Storyteller. (Thanks, Zee Zee!)
Slice of Sci-Fi’s Top Ten Science Fiction and Fantasy Movie Soundtracks of All Time. Star Wars clocks in fairly low, which… okay. (A subjective list of music on the internet? Gasp!)
Still, doesn’t The Fifth Element deserve some love?
Any excuse for a video post
- 2001: Also Sprach Zarathustra
- A Clockwork Orange: “The old Ludwig van.”
- LOTR: Pippin’s song
- The Fifth Element: Diva Dance
- Star Wars: Duel of the Fates music video
Coming Soon has posted their Star Wars roundup for the week and it’s full of possible spoilers, including some brand new pictures. Read it at your own risk! Most of the spoilers originate at a site called Millennium Falcon, which might be worth keeping an eye on.
In other recent news, TFN claims that the soundtrack for ROTS will be out on May 3rd, 2005, and will include a bonus DVD.