- Oh, YTMD. One day you’ll get be a real boy.
- Interview with Jonathan L. Bowen, who wrote Anticipation: The Real Life Story of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace and Revenge: The Real Life Story of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, two self-published books for the prickly prequel fans.
- Another Star Wars guide to the presidential candidates. This is officially getting kinda tired, but I still laugh, though only a little.
- Video: There’s no Skywalker duds in sight, but there are Star Wars action figures (among other familiar faces) in Bill Gates’ Last Day at Microsoft.
January 8th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
January 5th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Sure, the Whedonverse folks did it first, but now one Star Wars fan has his say in casting the 2008 presidential candidates. I must admit the choices for Mitt Romney and Dennis Kucinich made me laugh.
Seeing the hope and courage on their bright little faces, I swear I could just, I… I could just eat ‘em up.
January 2nd, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
November 26th, 2007 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Nothing says ‘serious candidate’ like annoucing your run for public office on TheForce.net message boards. The sad thing is, it’s actually slightly more respectable than his last attempt.
All we can do is hope it’s all an ill-conceived plot for the lulz.
November 9th, 2007 by Dunc · 3 Comments
Slashfilm came across a fan-made poster that spans the entire saga. I’m usually not a huge fan of the collage aesthetic, but I gotta admit this one is pretty nifty.
- This week saw the release of Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga – and yesterday the game’s developer, TT Games, was purchased by Warner Brothers. Guess all that hard Wiisaber work paid off.
- The Discovery returned safely to Earth on Wednesday – presumably with lightsaber intact.
- Fan compiles relevant screenshots from The Clone Wars videos on StarWars.com.
- BBC interviews ANH prop hauler.
- Humor site Aniboom casts U.S. primary candidates and assorted other political types in Star Wars roles. It’s… about what you’d expect. Meh.
- Know A Legion: Neon City Garrison.
- TOS interviews Dick DeBartolo, who penned (all? some of? most?) Mad’s Star Wars film spoofs.
- McClatchy review of The Star Wars Vault.
→ 3 CommentsFiled: expanded universe · fandom · gaming · space & science · star wars · star wars on tv · the clone wars
Tagged: 501st legion · a new hope · fan art · insider · interviews · lego · mad magazine · nasa · politics · saga · social networking · sw vault
September 21st, 2007 by jawajames · No Comments
So Yav suggested that I re-post this here. A law professor blogs about the ‘federalism’ of the United Federation of Planets, and comes to the conclusion that the hippie Feds are really a protection racket, exploiting the member worlds for the benefit of the humans.
Read the blog post.
While I don’t see that the evidence supports this conclusion, and share my alternatives that can explain how their economy functions.
May 9th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
March 11th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
Thought you should know: Finnish Trekkie Jyrki Kasvi campaigns for reelection – in Klingon.
November 7th, 2006 by Dunc · 4 Comments
I’m just going to agree with Bonnie: Worst Star Wars Themed Political Ad Ever.
September 25th, 2006 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Best entry I’ve seen yet in the Stephen Colbert Greenscreen Challenge. (Warning: Contains George W. Bush.)
J. Hasbien Talent Agency. Finding work for ‘semi-retired’ sci-fi characters.
Wookiee Nights, a Star Wars/Boogie Nights trailer mashup. Yes, really.