We’re all getting a bit antsy on the CV front – Where? When? Ever? – but Steve Sansweet gave the lowdown to Examiner.com’s Bryan Young. Basically? We’re waiting on a organizational deal to be signed (in the past, that was GenCon) and that it could happen as late as six months out from the event. Eek!
September 8th, 2009 by Dunc · 3 Comments
September 7th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
…A stormtrooper dancing with a redshirt (red dress?) Federation crewmember.
September 6th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
That’s what Examiner.com’s Bryan Young is reporting from Steve Sansweet’s DragonCon panel. Sansweet also hinted that we may get some serious news soon!
Of course, the skeptic in me can’t fail to remind folks that this is far from the first time we’ve been given a ‘possible’ date. But Sansweet actually talking about it at a con seems like a good step.
September 5th, 2009 by Dunc · 2 Comments
January 4th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
September 17th, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
September 1st, 2008 by Paula · 3 Comments
So I was in the audience at Dragon*Con when they showed the first episode of the upcoming Clone Wars cartoon. Do yourself a favor: give it another shot.
I was in the same group as others who found the movie to be, um…tedious. I wasn’t terribly impressed. But the first episode I saw was great! A nice balance of character, story and battle. And I think Yoda has more lines in this first episode than in all the movies combined. It descends into a couple of spots of “only funny to kids” humor, but only for a few seconds here and there. And I suspect that will fade as the series finds its legs.
So don’t give up on it just yet. Stick with it for a few episodes and see if it doesn’t win you back. You might just be surprised!
August 31st, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
UPDATE: There is probably a Clone Wars trailer tonight on Cartoon Network at 8:00pm: The channel is teasing something very big for that time, and TCW fits that bill a lot more than TFU. (Big thanks to Mike and Tagne!)
Both TFN and Yoda’s News have reports from Dragon*Con on Steve Sansweet’s presentation. He showed the first episode of The Clone Wars and said that the premiere date should be announced early next week with a “month long promotional series for the launch of the show.” Could said date be October 3rd?
Sansweet also mentioned Celebration 5, but without solid specifics: 2010 is a likely date, with a location in the midwest or eastern U.S, consistent with what we’ve been seeing.
He also showed some new The Force Unleashed clips. Tune into Cartoon Network for a game trailer tonight at 8:00pm. (Or… something else? Whatever: Tune in.)
September 5th, 2007 by Paula · Comments Off
Curse my inability to function on little sleep! Just now getting around to posting the Stargate tidbits from Dragon*Con.
The Stargate Stuff
- Tok’ra Spice Clarified – Vanessa Angel, who played the much-maligned character of Anise on SG1, cleared up some things about her character. She was apparently hired to do nine episodes that season and then join the show as a regular; supposedly to cause some jealousies amongst the team. However, she became pregnant three episodes in and just couldn’t complete the role. She also considered Anise to be extremely thoughtful and deliberate and “outside of emotion.” Explains much about how bizarre her character was! (Of course, nothing explains those outfits.)
- Filming in the Arctic - Why did Christopher Judge not appear in the scenes recently filmed in the Arctic? Two words: polar bears. He said he pretty much stopped listening after that, but had his decision cemented by the various bathroom issues one encounters there. He stayed home and played golf.
- The Return of Beckett - Paul McGillion again expressed his appreciation for the fans’ push to bring Carson Beckett back to life. He again teases that the way they bring him back is “very interesting.” (Must be the stock publicity answer for this one.) And he has yet to see if he’s coming back in Season 5.
The Non-Stargate Stuff
- Rage of Angels – Christopher Judge’s in-development series will also have a comic book and game associated with it.
- More Lifetime Movies! – Both Lexa and Paul have completed movies for Lifetime. Both movies are planned for October air dates.
September 4th, 2007 by Dunc · 3 Comments
I’m not sure how many CJers actually made it into any of the Battlestar Galactica panels, but for those wondering what the big news was, SyFy Portal has a report: It seems that Jamie Bamber claimed that Sci-Fi’s plan right now is to split the next (and last!) season into two parts – and not airing the second until 2009. Seeing as how bad Sci-Fi is at learning their lessons when it comes to scheduling (among other things) it’s more than a little plausible.
Or it was all a joke. Okay… This is the Sci-Fi Channel we’re talking about, after all. (Thanks, Scoke!)
In a related personal anecdote, Helen and I figured out how to save BSG from being so relentlessly depressing – add a class clown. See, Wash didn’t die. He just fell through a wormhole and ended up on the Galactica. It could totally happen!