TOSblog has video (warning: it’s only audio for me) of Warwick Davis interviewing Rick McCallum at Celebration Europe. Lots of TV talk, which is summarized at the link as well.
- AFP: The Force is strong as fans flock to Europe’s Star Wars convention
- Sydney Morning Herald: Fans out in force at Europe’s Star Wars convention.
- Metro.co.uk: Darth Vader leads anniversary party and Star Wars fans gather for 30th birthday
- The Sun: Luke who it is at the reunion
- Also check out the media picture feed on Yahoo and the celebrationeurope tag on Flickr.
Pictures from London are appearing on the TOSblog Flickr account. Outdoor screenings and Opening Ceremony? So jealous! (Burning question: Was there cake?) We’re expecting reports on the TOSblog proper, too.
Mark over at Lightsabre wrote in to share the news that Gerald Home, who played two characters in ROTJ (Tessek aka Squidhead and a Mon Calamari officer) will be signing at the fansite’s table (D-74) in the dealers room on Saturday. A significant portion of the proceeds will go to Cancer Research UK. Pretty neat for a fansite!
Meanwhile, over at the TOS, we learn of a few more guests (including Kenny Baker, Caroline Blakiston and Michael Culver) and that the Tattoo Competition and Illustrated Trooper are making another appearence at CE,
Well, advance tickets, anyway. So if you haven’t got your tickets yet, best order them now, or make plans to camp out at ExCeL…
Fans at CE will get a first look at the rough cut of Fanboys, along with a Q&A with director Kyle Newman.
Only a week?
- Hip-hop artist to host Platinum Stage
- Production Stars: Don Bies, Lorne Peterson, Norman Reynolds and Robert Watts.
- Verifying Hyperspace status
- TFN has a nice artist roundup
- First look at CE store. So jealous!
- Start planning for PCD: Brits can add a CE-inspired Star Wars rave to your October schedule.
Millions of gamers suddenly cried out in horror upon discovering that the Star Wars game for Wii is just the Lego Star Wars re-release. Poor, poor gamers.
Alderaan shot first
- Hollywood Chewbacca in the news again. Assaulting Marilyn Monroe? For shame!
- Darth Vader gets (Dis)Honorable Mention on a Five Fictional Geekdads list.
- Seven coolest geeks on television. I think Bonnie’s interviewed at least half of them on starwars.com, so it counts.
- Times Online catches up with some fans heading to Celebration Europe.
- 1100 great movie robots
- Oh, and George is still hanging around Yale.