Tonight, on Baltar’s Basestar… the Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Gag Reel. Waaaatttccch iiitttt. (Warning: Language above and beyond ‘frak’.)
Rose Parade humor: Stormtrooper gets dressed down by drill instructor, Jimmy Kimmel mocks.
Yoda Spears. I… I… I don’t know. But it’s brilliant anyway.
Dancing stormtrooper action
- Imperial Dance Off. (As linked previously; somehow I had missed all the videos before that one.)
- Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
- Hey Ya!
- Numa Numa Stormtrooper. (The original, if you’ve been living in a cave.)
- Getting down. (No music.)
- Stormtrooper girl dances.
- Stormtrooper ballet.
- Trooper Bop. Kind of a ‘greatest hits’ with clips from many of the above set to ‘Sexyback.’
DJ Maul wrote to Bob Eubanks about the Rose Parade annoucer’s discourteous comments regarding the 501st (“They need to get jobs.”) and received an apology. There’s also word that Eubanks made a public apology, but the main source seems to be a now-deleted entry on a Livejournal community. I’ll be keeping an eye on 501st.com for further news.
ETA: L.A. TFNers are saying that Eubanks was taking calls on Mike & Brian, a local radio show.
It’s the 30th anniversary of Star Wars, so expect… stuff. Yeah! Also, Rose Parade rehearsal pics.
More Rose Parade coverage:
- Coverage from another network – Offers a closer look at the Spectacular than the KTLA/Travel Channel version.
- HGTV’s coverage.
- Accounts from two participants, JediRacer and Skyryder, on the L.A. Fanforce boards.
- Sam Knapp and Bob Schultz cheer for George
- A closer look at Grambling and the 501st marchers.
- Stormtroopers and Naboo float as the parade starts, as taped by (or near) some very enthusiastic Anakin fans!
- Behind-the-scenes prep from Lorelei and Miana-Dude.
- Parade pics from Darth Haggis, JediRacer and swguru2004.
- Bonnie blogs the troop’s arrival in Pasadena.
- The Stooge meets George Lucas.
Several fans on TFN report that LFL people were taping the parade for a DVD release (or Hyperspace, maybe?) Just the sort of thing one would expect on the inevitable Saga box set…
Bob Eubanks is kind of a jerk, but the Spectacular won a Tournament Special Trophy, so who needs him?
One fan, ValedaKor of Los Angeles FanForce, has posted her pictures from the crowd.