Meanwhile, at Star Wars Weekends, the audience got a new peek at S4 and managed to wrangle a few tidbits out of Dave Filoni.
It’s a good week for releases – or a very bad week for your wallet, depending on your foci.
With plenty of folks being bored with what we’ve seen of S3 so far, it’s a good time to pick up The Clone Wars Season 2 on DVD and Blu-Ray. (StarWars.com has a bonus feature and virtual trading cards.) If you’re looking for a less passive experience, there’s also The Force Unleashed II – the actual game – sailing into stores today.
As for books, Death Troopers is now out in paperback.
The second season of The Clone Wars is coming to DVD and Blu-Ray on October 26. Both versions will come with a 64-page production journal, and the Blu-Ray will feature another round of The Jedi Temple Archives.
Now that season one of The Clone Wars has been released for a week on DVD and Blu-Ray, here’s what they’re saying:
- Wired’s GeekDad likes the featurettes looking at the artwork, and says it is “definitely worth picking up.”
- HD Room reviews the Blu-Ray, gives it 8.5 out of 10 with great video and replayability, thinking that this show has the best prequel-era stories.
- iF Magazine selects it as DVD pick of the week, with the characters that you love, and new characters that are as fascinating as the familiar faces.
- Blu-Ray.com gives it a 4 out of 5, with near-perfect video transfer, awesome featurettes, and says “the series itself has proven to be far more captivating, inventive, and entertaining than the feature film that bears its name.”
- Den of Geek doesn’t review it, but shows off some exclusive concept art.
Looks like the release of season one is getting a good thumbs-up!