- Food: Han in Carbonite… The cake! Is that icing nontoxic? (via)
- The blogside: SF Signal’s JP Frantz claims that Star Wars needs to take a break to save the future of the franchise, and I’m not sure I entirely disagree… Meanwhile, Time’s Matt Selman calls for an end to easy Star Wars parodies.
- Collecting: Pete Vilmur looks at saving ticket stubs.
- Space: The European Space Agency takes inspiration from Star Wars for a new spacecraft. It looks like it would fit right in with the Rebel fleet! (via)
- Lists: The prequel trilogy gets a spot on io9’s worst fake accents of science fiction; Return of the Jedi is one of Cracked’s six most depressing happy endings.
- Random: Going through life with the last name of Yoda.
Star Wars might not be one of Film.com’s five most rabid fanbases, but it does get a honorable mention. And I’m going to go on record saying that ‘Star Warriors’ is a damn stupid name. If that makes me our equivalent of one of those jerks that froths at the mouth over Trekkie vs. Trekker, so be it.
- T-shirt: Foil your foes with Thinkgeek’s Mind Trick Venn Diagram
- Video: Rod Roddenberry (son of Gene) talks Star Wars and Star Trek and a talk with George Lucas. (via)
- Food: Can the world handle another batch of Star Wars cake? Even one this simple?
- Poll: Vote on your favorite Star Wars quotes. It’s a big one!
Gamespot is reporting that the secret apprentice from The Force Unleashed (aka Starkiller) will be joining Vader and Yoda in Soul Calibur IV – on both versions of the game.
While we’re on the subject, io9 has some pics and a trailer with footage of Vader and Yoda.
- Media: Civilian Alice Bradley’s account of life with two hard-core Star Wars fans.
- Fanzines: FF Portugal has released the first full issue of their zine, Undercity #1.
- 501st: Vader’s finest inducted comic writer John Ostrander as an honorary member at ICON earlier this month.
- Video: Cartoonist Adam Koford draws Yoda on Sketchcast. (via)
- Charity: The Washington DC Metro Area Star Wars Collecting Club is selling a Boba Fett pin to raise funds for young burn survivors.
- Humor: Topless Robot tried to brand May 22 as ‘Talk like Yoda’ day – It didn’t really catch on, but be sure not to miss their twenty famous movie quotes as delivered by Yoda.
- Authors: Troy Denning inducted into the 501st Legion as an Honorary Member by the Empire City Garrison at a New York book signing.
- Sand art: Neatorama finds Star Wars sand sculpture by Mykyta and Egor Zigura disturbing. I can’t imagine why!
- Kids: Mommy, where does Darth Vader live?