Start keeping an eye out for Ryder Windham’s Millennium Falcon: A 3-D Owner’s Guide. Comic fans can head out Wednesday for a pair of reprints: The Old Republic—Threat of Peace #3 and The Clone Wars: Hero of the Confederacy.
Well, not quite literally. (Twilight we are not.) But there is a notable resemblance between the Form 2 and the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy. (Nothing overtly NSFW at the link, although some of the links there are.)
Looking for something more G-rated? The Brits are at it again with a Luke Skywalker bathrobe.
And the best part? It lights up:
There really is something for everyone on Etsy. I’m prepping a few posts for next week, and I ran across a Luke and Mara Wedding cake topper. (What a post-ROTJ EU pairing has to do with The Clone Wars I have no idea.) The seller, Hildoom, also has a Yoda Birthday Cake topper for sale.
Back to school. StarWars.com takes a look back at the 70’s with retro class cear from Helix.
Lists. Palpatine makes #1 on Sci-Fi Squad’s top ten sci-fi deaths.
Cakes. A neat Millenium Falcon by Da Bombe Desserts.
If only… io9 suggests swapping the writing staffs of The Clone Wars and the The Venture Brothers, which may be the only way to get me to cheerfully watch the former.
You know things are tough when… A gift for the geek that has everything – a battle-scarred Hasbro Millennium Falcon – amazingly got no bids on eBay. Well, maybe not that amazingly, but $300 doesn’t seem that bad a price considering it’ll run you only about half that brand new. (via)
- TV: Jon Stewart is very excited about a Threepio bobblehead on Monday’s The Daily Show. I don’t have the heart to tell him that bobbleheads are kind of lame.
- Fanmade: Finally, a Han in Carbonite USB drive! Alas, it was already sold out last week.
- Lists: I think the green skin might have less to do with their popularity than the trend of not wearing very many clothes.
- Quite a project: Chris Lee of Tennessee is on an “insane quest” to build a Full-Scale Millennium Falcon.
- Lists: A New Hope is a Geeky Movie That Should’ve Been Terrible; Han’s blaster on 6 Baddest-Ass Sci Fi Sidearms Ever; Han and Chewie, Artoo and Threepio make 30 Burning Sci-Fi Bromances
- Cakes The Millennium Falcon and Death Star, again.
- Sightings: Red and Jonny in Fray’s Geek Issue.