You know things are tough when… A gift for the geek that has everything – a battle-scarred Hasbro Millennium Falcon – amazingly got no bids on eBay. Well, maybe not that amazingly, but $300 doesn’t seem that bad a price considering it’ll run you only about half that brand new. (via)
- TV: Jon Stewart is very excited about a Threepio bobblehead on Monday’s The Daily Show. I don’t have the heart to tell him that bobbleheads are kind of lame.
- Fanmade: Finally, a Han in Carbonite USB drive! Alas, it was already sold out last week.
- Lists: I think the green skin might have less to do with their popularity than the trend of not wearing very many clothes.
- Quite a project: Chris Lee of Tennessee is on an “insane quest” to build a Full-Scale Millennium Falcon.
- Lists: A New Hope is a Geeky Movie That Should’ve Been Terrible; Han’s blaster on 6 Baddest-Ass Sci Fi Sidearms Ever; Han and Chewie, Artoo and Threepio make 30 Burning Sci-Fi Bromances
- Cakes The Millennium Falcon and Death Star, again.
- Sightings: Red and Jonny in Fray’s Geek Issue.
It seems that it’s still Falcon week over at the official site, as today brings secrets of the Millennium Falcon, a look at how artists Chris Reiff and Chris Trevas juggled multiple and sometimes conflicting sources to create the latest set of blueprints.
The official site continues Millennium Falcon week with a selection of the best collectibles based on our favorite hunk of junk. Included is this 6-foot Toys R’ Us display.
This morning, StarWars.com takes Hyperspace members back to the making of The Empire Strikes Back with The Last Corellian Shipyard, an article reprinted from the UK Star Wars magazine (at least if Wookieepedia is to be believed) on the the full sized Falcon set built for The Empire Strikes Back by actual shipbuilders in Wales.
For those without Hyperspace, your consolation prize is a look back at the Falcon in video games.
Peter Clute adds to the the geek cool factor of Hasbro’s new Falcon with detailing, a motion sensor, and additional lighting.
Also at the Giz: Heroes’ writer Jesse Alexander guest-reviews the (unpimped) Falcon.
- Hasbro: Rebelscum has the new Millennium Falcon press release and a couple of high-res photos.
- The Clone Wars: Box art for The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels (via)
- More Nintendo: Light Up Lightsaber Stylus Sets for the DS. It’s not quite a Wiisaber, but you take what you can get.
- Expanded Universe: The Rebelscum boards are polling for interest in EU figures. You do have to have (or register) an account.