June 2nd, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
→ No CommentsFiled: expanded universe · people · star wars
Tagged: greg keyes · lorne peterson · lucasarts · new jedi order · robot chicken · visual effects · voice actors
May 24th, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
- Comics: DarkHorse.com has previews for Dark Times #11/Vector part 5 and Rebellion #14.
- Gaming: EU Cantina has an interview with LucasArts’ voice director David Collins.
- The Clone Wars: io9 asks what it would take to get you excited about The Clone Wars. My answer: Nothing. No matter what they do, it’s still the Clone Wars, isn’t it? Been there, done that.
April 30th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
- Check out Star Wars and Indiana Jones props out in the collecting wild with YourProps.com. (via)
- Starwars.pl explores the history of Polish Star Wars memorabilia. (via)
- Rebelscum gets into the spirit of spring with Star Wars kites, while TFN’s Dustin Roberts is interviewed by Pete Vilmur over at the StarWars.com blog about his R2-D2 collection.
- Slice of SciFi lists The Star Wars Holiday Special and Jar-Jar Binks among their top seven most embarrassing moments in science fiction.
- Topless Robot mourns the horror that is the mid-90′s POTF Leia in their list of the nine most tragically hideous female action figures.
- io9 asks why do anti-heroes rule science fiction? (Complete with neat Han Solo and Captain Mal together at last photoshoppery) and takes a look back at the wacky science fiction titles of LucasArts.
April 2nd, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Darrell Rodriguez leaves rival Electronic Arts to head up LucasArts. He replaces Jim Ward, who left suddenly in February.
March 9th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
- Interview: Lightsabre talks to Kenneth Colley, who played Admiral Piett.
- Gaming: io9 brings us a brief history of Star Wars video games.
- Fan art: Photo mosaic of the Star Wars/Last Supper painting.
- YTMND: Can Luke get anything right?
March 8th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
New evidence that there may be another Knights of the Old Republic game: 1UP has a ‘tipster’ with portions of a script. LucasArts has no comment. Whatever, dude. This game doesn’t even officially exist yet and I’m already sick of it.
February 26th, 2008 by Dunc · 3 Comments
Kotaku scans a 1993 LucasArts catalogue. I’m actually a little tempted to break out my old copies of the Insider (this was my first issue) and Star Wars Galaxy… Or, y’know, sell ‘em to some Wookieepedian via eBay. (How much, boys?)
Yeah. I don’t think of myself as a collector, but why else am I hanging onto 76 plus issues of outdated fan magazines? I HAS THE FANGIRL, PLEASE SEND HELP.
February 23rd, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
February 15th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
February 11th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Surfer Girl claims that LucasArts is going to pull the plug on the venerable Galaxies to make room for the new multiplayer:
The Artistic Lucases think that they have the only IP that can pose a serious challenge World of Warcraft and find that the setting of KOTOR is too niche to be a threat. They apparently expect the new Star War MMO to have at least three million subscribers by the end of the first year.
If KOTOR is too niche how come half of fandom won’t shut up about it?
Really, if true, the death of Galaxies may be just as well. They are clearly a very disturbed bunch of folks!