- Darth Vader Stained Glass Mirror by Terraza Glass, $145.00.
- Jedi terrier print by Brian Rubenacker, $12.99. (Also available: Chihuahua.)
- Lord Vader’s Beverly by Terry Reid, $22.00.
- Troopers print by tmronin (Shop contains nudes,) $30.00.
- Stormtrooper LEGO mosaic by bricks2pics, $745.00. It measures in at 45 x 30 inches, which may explain the price.
Next set will be up Monday. Happy browsing!
No, USA Today is reporting this one straight, complete with comments from Howard Roffman. The Force Trainer “uses brain waves to allow players to manipulate a sphere.” Naturally.
No, you’re not tapping into some “all-powerful force controlling everything,” as Han Solo said in the movies. But you are reaching out with mind power via one of the first mass-market brain-to-computer products. “It’s been a fantasy everyone has had, using The Force,” says Howard Roffman, president of Lucas Licensing.
…In the Force Trainer, a wireless headset reads your brain activity, in a simplified version of EEG medical tests, and the circuitry translates it to physical action. If you focus well enough, the training sphere, which looks like a ping-pong ball, will rise in the tower.
Call me when they start making the toy lightsabers with real light, okay? (via)
By Dapperstache. Includes many things dear to our hearts, like Jedi, robots, hyperspace, lightsabers and liquor. Clickthrough to read it!
Rebel Force revealed: TFN, via Eddie, has the blurbs for the first two books of the upcoming (and still not officially announced) Scholastic series. The gist? They start off right after A New Hope and star Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie. Continuity fans are already freaking out, but the rest of us might actually want to try the things. (Over at StarWars.com, Eddie says he found them in the latest Previews, so all signs point to legitimacy.)
- Fate of the Jedi: Author Christie Golden writes about Star Wars and being asked to be part of the new series.
- Comics: Collection of ‘lost’ stories in the works!
- Lists: The Jedi
AcademyPraxeum is part of io9’s guide to getting into the universe’s most prestigious colleges. And yes, ‘praxeum’ still makes me roll my eyes. Feel free to keep writing Dune books, Mr. Anderson!
- Housekeeping: Our book release schedule has been updated to reflect the latest infodrop – and also now links to author tags for quick and easy news-checking.
I know, you’re shocked, right? Abel G. Peña looks at the misleading statements of Obi-Wan and Yoda in the Original Trilogy.
Originally posted sometime in the mid/late 90’s, this list was compiled from a CJ chat aided by too little sleep, and too much wine at a very late hour…
“Hey baby, wanna go violate the Jedi Code?”
“Hey baby, wanna create a disturbance in the Force?”
“You could make a Jedi crave excitement and adventure!” Continue reading