- OMG PONIES! Mari Kasurinen has added three new Star Wars figures to her custom My Little Pony gallery: A farmboy Luke, slave Leia, and Han in carbonite.
- Technology: An impressive Artoo casemod made with a trash can and a mere $120 in additional parts.
- Crafts: The Darth Vader hula girl. I always knew he had it in him.
- The blogside: Bryan Young defends Jar Jar Binks over at Den of Geek. (via)
A couple months ago, the LIFE photo archive went up in Google, fully searchable. Plenty has been done with them since then, but it didn’t occur to me to look for Star Wars until today. There isn’t a ton there – the bulk of images that come up are from The Phantom Menace premiere – but there are a few things of interest, like Time covers, some vintage toy pics and this shot of Carrie Fisher, Alec Guinness and Mark Hamill at a party celebrating the tenth anniversary of A New Hope. You get about the same amount of shots searching for just George Lucas, and even more for Harrison Ford, but clearly Sir Alec wins. (Wait! Was it really a party for ANH? Now I doubt.) But perhaps most amusingly: Jar-Jar and Madeline Albright? Or Peter Cushing in Hamlet?
Prepare yourselves, Clone Wars fans: ‘Bombad Jedi’ airs tonight. But there is hope – it’s scripted by Kevin Rubio of Troops and Tag and Bink fame.
Reaction to ‘Duel of the Droids’ was a bit less frazzled than its predecessor, though not everyone is drinking the Kool-Aid. (I, for one, have ceased even trying.) Still, there’s plenty to bask in for fans of the series, including the obligatory video commentary. (Screencap above is from
The real question? Is all the goodwill that Clone has built up going to be blown with this Friday’s Jar-Jar episode? Yousa can tell meesa on Saturday.
And finally, in more general TCW ware, the ForceCast sits down with Skywalker Sound’s David Acord (Rotta the Huttlet) and Matthew Wood (General Grievous.)
- Weird: I’m not sure which of Bonnie’s finds is more disturbing: “A Love That Transcends Time, Space & Manufacturer” or Jar Jar Salad. Less freaky: Darth Tater’s Great Adventures.
- The ‘whine more’ files: Man sells his “faith in George Lucas” (aka a 12″ Darth Maul) on eBay for $23 Australian. (via)
- Lists: Speeder bikes are one of io9’s five scifi cycles to adore.
Entertainment Weekly has placed the prequel’s least beloved digital effect in their list of sixteen characters that offended moviegoers. But fear not, Jar Jar fans – you can vote on his exact level of offensiveness.
Well, I suppose someone has hold down the fort on Coruscant if they’re going to give Padme an actual plot… Anyway, this is what io9 claims:
Sources tell io9 Jar Jar Binks will be back in the new Star Wars: Clone Wars animated movie and series. But you won’t see too much of him.
You can see the actual item here, but beware: It’s their ‘Morning Spoilers’ post, and also addresses stuff like X-Files 2, The Dark Knight, and Dr. Who.
The big story in all this stamp brouhaha – Jar-Jar was snubbed. The heart bleeds.
This week there’s a some stuff I think I may have linked before… But not recently. Enjoy.
Cruelty Corner: Jar Jar’s Walking Papers or George Lucas Strikes Back. Dude, Jar-Jar was so going to be Boba Fett.
How Star Wars should have ended. “…And it’s all Princess Leia’s fault.”
A clip from the real (British) Whose Line is it Anyway in which Star Wars is thrown in a Film and Theatre Styles segment.
More, more more!
Summer is over soon, right? Because there simply aren’t enough folks staying inside and writing meta lately. That or I’m still nursing PCD.
Nandamai brings us Everything I Ever Needed to Know I Learned from Badfic. It’s true.
Qui-Tom Servo loves Padme explores Palpatine’s lies.
Kesseljunkie defends Jar-Jar. I suppose someone has to.
In EU corner, more Courtship of Princess Leia analysis from Sunnyskywalker.