May 26th, 2009 by Dunc · 3 Comments
Longing for some Star Wars bedding? Well, the stuff at Pottery Barn Kids is on sale, and I don’t think that Millennium Falcon quilt was around last time we featured it. In any case, it’s available in up to queen size. And did I mention the sale?
UPDATE: And now the sales (on the SW stuff) are gone. Poodoo.
Filed: geek life
Tagged: bedding · home decor · merchandise
April 27th, 2009 by Dunc · 4 Comments
Of all the things I’ve come to expect on Etsy, a complete bathroom theme set has to be the most surprising… Yet completely natural. The only thing I should really be shocked at is that they haven’t apparently made a liscensed one yet. (Or have they?)
We’ve seen bedroom gear and dishware (The Phantom Menace ones were better) but bathroom products? Suddenly I’m seeing a new use for my Darth Vader pimp cup. [Vintage Star Wars Bath Sets by Greatful Thread, $165.]
(Check back later today for more Etsy gems!)
Filed: fandom · geek life
Tagged: etsy · fanmade · home decor · retro
March 24th, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Lightsabre has two new features today – the first of a three-part interview with ILM’s Lorne Peterson, and a look at Steve Simon’s Star Wars home theater.
Filed: people · star wars
Tagged: home decor · interviews · lorne peterson
February 1st, 2008 by Blu · No Comments
I was thrilled when we could finally replace our old television that we left by a dumpster with one that has all of its colors and doesn’t unexpectedly change channels. The owners of these amazing geek chic home cinemas apparently have far higher standards in mind for their media viewing experience. Especially impressive is “The Bridge” that one guy actually built by himself. DIY insanity!
Filed: geek life
Tagged: home decor
January 24th, 2008 by Dunc · 3 Comments
Entertainment Weekly celebrates sexy aliens, with our own Lando Calrissian clocking it at at #4. (Yes ladies, a fair amount of menfolk make the list, which is nice.) Slightly less innocent is New York Magazine’s ten movie vaginas even scarier than the one in Teeth, which ‘graciously’ includes the Sarlacc pit at #1. Whoo. (Our Google referrals are sure to get even weirder now.)
Meanwhile, for the folks not in the mood to oogle or wince, take a gander at Deputydog’s ten stunning ultra-geeky home cinemas. While many of the home theaters profiled are familiar, there’s plenty of brand-new ones to discover (or rediscover.)
Filed: star wars
Tagged: home decor · lando · lists · return of the jedi · the blogside
October 10th, 2007 by jawajames · 3 Comments
A little round-up from the land of the bullwhip and fedora:
- Movietickets.com reports that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the most anticipated film to come out in the next twelve months. It tops the list for both men and women. Read more on cnn.com
- StarWars.com continues their tour of the Young Indiana Jones Volume 1 DVD set: Disc 5 contains 7 documentaries connecting to the episode, Perils of Cupid about Puccini, Freud and the Balkan Powder Keg. Disc 6 contains the episode, Travels with Father, where young Indy meets up with Leo Tolstoy in Russia and Nikos Kazantzakis in Greece, with extras on Russian writers and Greek philosophy. Also, an interview with Lloyd Owen, who portrayed Henry Jones, Sr. (before he grew into Sean Connery)
- Someone’s got an Indiana Jones-inspired home theater system? Instead of an ark, the TV’s in the Well of Souls! Cables? I hate cables!
- MTV.com interviews Cate Blanchett on her upcoming movies, including Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which apparently is just a big bar of chocolate. But is it dark chocolate?
- Slashfilm.com get a chance to talk to Steven Spielberg on the Indy IV set.
Tagged: box office · cate blanchett · home decor · indiana jones · indy iv · steven spielberg · young indy
September 19th, 2007 by Dunc · No Comments
George Lucas attends Salesforce.com user conference and gives keynote, talking about education and technology. The company has registered force.com. Forget Lucas – what does Philip Wise think?
Filed: expanded universe · fandom · lucasfilm · people · star wars
Tagged: 501st legion · george lucas · home decor · ilm · pop-ups · prequel trilogy · timothy zahn
February 6th, 2006 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Gus Lopez and Pam Green are geekier than you, and they have the house to prove it. (via SF Signal)
Tagged: collecting · gus lopez · home decor
January 26th, 2006 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Tagged: home decor · star trek