Almost ten years of The Phantom Menace… Mother’s Day… What else? This was one of several ‘tone poem’ commercials running back in ’99.
It’s May, so of course the Dream Book is out, because nothing says spring like planning out your Christmas tree. This year’s Star Wars selections are include The Phantom Menace duel (above,) Han in Stormtrooper gear, Luke’s landspeeder, and a Clone Wars twofer of Anakin and Ahsoka.
Anyway, I know this is rather late, but Happy Easter/Passover/[insert spring holiday of your choice here], everyone!
Christopher Lee reads Tim Burton’s original poem. (via)
You Bent My Wookie’s collection of gingerbread… things… is not all geeky, but it is mostly geeky, and isn’t that the most important thing? Some of these have been around a while, but others – like the Star Destroyer above – are new to me. (via)
And just for the hell of it, here’s a Dalek Christmas tree. CELEBRATE!
Santa Maul has been pondering the perfect gift for the burgeoning evil mastermind, and The New York Times has revealed it to him. A British phone company is offering for sale an underground tunnel complex built during World War II as a bomb shelter! A virtual bargain at only $7.4 million, particularly when one notes that it contains a bar. Santa Maul regrets that London is not convenient to his lifestyle, else he would buy it himself, or rather whammy the current owners into thinking he did.
Santa Maul loves Black Friday. Not only is it the day he awakens from his long slumber, but it’s the busiest shopping day of the year. And while Santa Maul loves sales, what he loves the most is the chaos and rage of consumers throughout the galaxy! And in 25 days, when the rage and frustration reaches its height, he shall give his master Darth Sinterklaas an unholy wake-up call, and all followers of the Sith shall be rewarded!
Alas, in recent years many shoppers have wised up and moved their Sithmas shopping online. This makes Santa Maul angry. So angry that he occasionally unleashes his power to bring down a shopping site! He may be crashing one right now. And in the spirit of the season, he is imploring you to help in the madness and buy things:
- George Lucas needs your money! Santa Maul is particularly fond of this Darksiders hoodie.
- Dreams and Visions Press is offering free shipping on Celebration Japan exclusive Star Wars: The Art of Ralph McQuarrie
- Fan documentary The Force Among Us is on sale for $10.77.
- Buy more toys at Entertainment Earth. Toys are Santa Maul’s favorite, particularly those with sound, flashing lights, and many breakable parts!
- If you leave the house, be sure to take Hasbro coupons.
- Amazon.com has many early deals on DVDs. Santa Maul yearns for a copy of Sith and the City: The Movie.
- Santa Maul can not imagine that anyone has not yet read Harry Potter, but backwards sorts can catch up with a seven-book hardcover set for $109.97.
I’m a total grinch about the holiday season, but John Scalzi isn’t. He’s included Darth Vader in his SciFi Thanksgiving:
I’m thankful for Darth Vader. In the last 30-some years, has there been a better villain in all of film — not just science fiction film, but film in general? I tell you, there is not (Hannibal Lecter comes close, but dude. Vader could use his Force powers to feed him his own liver with a nice Chianti). Vader is so badass that he survived George Lucas turning him into a whiny loser in the prequel trilogy. Think about that.