Jedi gear isn’t too hard to make yourself (or so I’ve heard) but if sewing isn’t a priority, you can probably do worse than looking around Etsy. Here are a few listings the Jawas have scrounged up.
Actually, there are several Jedi robes. My favorite listing is probably Brown Cloak of the Republic, featuring claims of fabric that resists “attacks by the dark side.” ($129.95) But your best bargain may be CustomKids, which will make a child-sized Jedi robe for only $19.99.
The Jawas were hard at work, and here’s some of what they found on Etsy this week.
- I think this Empire Strikes Back Babydoll tunic dress/top is adorable! Not so sure I support the suggestion of leggings as pants, though. Still, it’s cute. Just wear real pants. ($29.99)
- TypsyGypsyTees also has several Star Wars items, including this AT-AT onesie ($14) or a girl cut probe droid tee. ($20)
- A Return of the Jedi ‘boob tube style dress’ by Natty Boho. ($60)
- Kick it in style at your next con with Star War Chucks by Chylde. ($50)
- A Return of the Jedi tutu? Why not? It’s by XPoppysWickedGardenX. ($40) Also in ANH, Yoda, and a Clone Wars halter top.
- Let your freak flag really fly with the Boba Fett ski mask by Unclaimed Baggage. ($70)
- Or keep your hipster cred with the Star Wars cycling cap by MMildredSnodgrass. ($32)
(The Jawas are still hard at work sorting listings, so stay tuned.)
There really is something for everyone on Etsy. I’m prepping a few posts for next week, and I ran across a Luke and Mara Wedding cake topper. (What a post-ROTJ EU pairing has to do with The Clone Wars I have no idea.) The seller, Hildoom, also has a Yoda Birthday Cake topper for sale.
Back to school. StarWars.com takes a look back at the 70’s with retro class cear from Helix.
Lists. Palpatine makes #1 on Sci-Fi Squad’s top ten sci-fi deaths.
Cakes. A neat Millenium Falcon by Da Bombe Desserts.
If only… io9 suggests swapping the writing staffs of The Clone Wars and the The Venture Brothers, which may be the only way to get me to cheerfully watch the former.
You get this. Actually, the personal stalker-shadow is the least disturbing of the two unofficial Twilight products to emerge (so to speak) this week, but it is the only one actually appropriate to slapping up on this site at 500 pixels wide. The other one is so not safe for work or direct linking, if you get what I’m saying, and I think you do. (via)
Check out the full run of The Empire Muggs Back!