Coming soon from Camelot Fabrics… New bedspread, anyone?
Reader Travis Hatfield alerted us to yet more Star Wars fabrics on the horizon, via online retailer Fat Quarter Shop. These Original Trilogy patterns are from Camelot Cottons and are, yes, 100% cotton and coming in April.
Alas, the linked selections seems to be their only Star Wars offering at the moment.
It’s heaven for fabric hunters! I just got back from Joann Fabrics and Crafts where there were loads of designs we hadn’t seen before from Eugene Fabrics.
In addition to the fabrics spotted previously, there were:
- Three polar fleece designs in Clone Wars, Original Trilogy (in cartoon style) and a black and white Vader.
- In Clone Wars, there were two flannels; one in blue tones and another in green.
- A cotton of nothing but Marvel comics covers.
- An OT ships design to complement the Clone Wars ships design released last year.
- A black and white cotton with OT characters Vader, Yoda, Artoo, Threepio and Luke.
Sadly, it’s not showing up on their website for ordering, yet. But if you have a store near you they should be able to order it for you.
Even sadder is the complete dearth of “girly” fabric designs. Did they not like how quickly the Leia fabric disappeared the last time? And more smaller designs would be helpful for us quilters. But it’s new stuff! So, overall…Yay!
There are reports of some new Star Wars fabrics being spotted in the wilds of Joann Fabrics and Crafts that haven’t made it online, yet. Kaithriona reports in the Geekcraft LiveJournal that they’re 100% flannel.
There are three designs, including a large design Clone Wars pattern, a large design classic trilogy pattern and a small repeating Star Wars logo with Imperial symbol.
It’s always exciting to get new fabrics; although it’s a shame that they don’t seem to be coordinating them very well with past releases. But at least there’s something new to play with.