Scrap the Maker? The relaunched Sci-Fi Wire (now in blog form!) has come up with nine reasons for George Lucas to retire already. Cinematical then made a poll out of it, and ‘yes, please’ is winning. Your thoughts? I honestly don’t care all that much as long as he sticks to the prequel/intertrilogy era.
- 501st: The Heart of an Empire documentary is now available on DVD.
- Fanmade: Check out this homemade Princess Leia outfit for Barbie, complete with bun hat!
- Wait, what? Obi-Wan (Guinness version) is one of Idol Chatter’s top ten Jewish movie characters. I don’t see it, but okay.
- Ballot-stuffing time: Han Solo and Boba Fett are up MTV’s Greatest Badass Search. Who to vote for? Well, only one of them exited stage left by falling down a tentacle hole, and the other one is played by the same guy as Indiana Jones. Or, Darth Vader. Your choice.
- Merchandise: The retail season of Valentine’s Day is night, so of course there are Clone Wars and Indy IV valentines.
There’s a lot of io9 in this one… I probably ought to stop saving them up. Anyway, one of their readers spotted some Star Wars folks on Google Street View. Which isn’t that much of a surprise given that they’re hanging out on Hollywood Blvd., but whatever.
- TV The season premiere of The Simpsons features a cameo from sci-fi’s most famous bounty hunter.
- Lists: Skywalkers (and a Splinter of the Mind’s Eye reference) in io9’s most surprising family ties, while Biggs gets one of the twelve coolest deaths. Um, okay. And over at IGN, a countdown of the worst Star Wars characters, including little Ani, Jar Jar, and some “Punk-Ass Jedi Knights.” Just the high level of discourse we can always expect from IGN.
- Something different: This is technically yet another list, but too good for the crowd: Ten reasons why the designs of Star Wars are awesome. Also, you might actually learn something about design.
Flashback: 14-year old Dave Lowe’s Revenge of the Jedi fan comic from 1980. There’s Luke/Leia kissing and sleeveless Vader! (via) In a more professional capacity, he also did some work for a Sci-Fi Channel Star Wars marathon back in 1993.
- Fan sites: MizzeeOh, we we know as a contributer over at EUC, has launched a new KOTOR site, Carbonite Dreams.
- Howto: A cheap custom lightsaber at Instructables.
- Lists: Topless Robot places Boba Fett in the #1 spot in their list of the 10 most awesome characters ruined by fans. Can I get an amen? (The real shocker of the article: Sonic the Hedgehog has fans?)