There’s a lot of io9 in this one… I probably ought to stop saving them up. Anyway, one of their readers spotted some Star Wars folks on Google Street View. Which isn’t that much of a surprise given that they’re hanging out on Hollywood Blvd., but whatever.
- TV The season premiere of The Simpsons features a cameo from sci-fi’s most famous bounty hunter.
- Lists: Skywalkers (and a Splinter of the Mind’s Eye reference) in io9′s most surprising family ties, while Biggs gets one of the twelve coolest deaths. Um, okay. And over at IGN, a countdown of the worst Star Wars characters, including little Ani, Jar Jar, and some “Punk-Ass Jedi Knights.” Just the high level of discourse we can always expect from IGN.
- Something different: This is technically yet another list, but too good for the crowd: Ten reasons why the designs of Star Wars are awesome. Also, you might actually learn something about design.
Flashback: 14-year old Dave Lowe’s Revenge of the Jedi fan comic from 1980. There’s Luke/Leia kissing and sleeveless Vader! (via) In a more professional capacity, he also did some work for a Sci-Fi Channel Star Wars marathon back in 1993.
- Fan sites: MizzeeOh, we we know as a contributer over at EUC, has launched a new KOTOR site, Carbonite Dreams.
- Howto: A cheap custom lightsaber at Instructables.
- Lists: Topless Robot places Boba Fett in the #1 spot in their list of the 10 most awesome characters ruined by fans. Can I get an amen? (The real shocker of the article: Sonic the Hedgehog has fans?)
The Mando bug has never bitten me, but for those of you into the whole Boba Fett thing (or just want a brief behind-the-scenes look at the 90′s EU) check out this blog entry by Daniel Keys Moran reminiscing about Star Wars, as well as a two-part interview over at bobafett.com. Moran wrote a handful of SW shorts, most notably The Last One Standing, aka the Fett piece from Tales of the Bounty Hunters. (Warning: Some language, bitterness.)
And for the hardcore Fett fans who’ve already seen this all – Moran showed up yesterday in the TFN thread I nabbed the links from. (Thanks, Trip!)