USA Today was in a Star Wars mood, busting out a big article on the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back focusing on the consistently overhyped yet always fanboy-pleasing Boba Fett, who will be making his Clone Wars debut next month voiced by Daniel Logan. I remain perplexed, but what else is new?
I guess Boba Fett is taking Karen Traviss’ departure pretty hard. Don’t worry Boba, you’ll find love again. Or at least, quarters. (via)
The Jawas were hard at work, and here’s some of what they found on Etsy this week.
- I think this Empire Strikes Back Babydoll tunic dress/top is adorable! Not so sure I support the suggestion of leggings as pants, though. Still, it’s cute. Just wear real pants. ($29.99)
- TypsyGypsyTees also has several Star Wars items, including this AT-AT onesie ($14) or a girl cut probe droid tee. ($20)
- A Return of the Jedi ‘boob tube style dress’ by Natty Boho. ($60)
- Kick it in style at your next con with Star War Chucks by Chylde. ($50)
- A Return of the Jedi tutu? Why not? It’s by XPoppysWickedGardenX. ($40) Also in ANH, Yoda, and a Clone Wars halter top.
- Let your freak flag really fly with the Boba Fett ski mask by Unclaimed Baggage. ($70)
- Or keep your hipster cred with the Star Wars cycling cap by MMildredSnodgrass. ($32)
(The Jawas are still hard at work sorting listings, so stay tuned.)
Scrap the Maker? The relaunched Sci-Fi Wire (now in blog form!) has come up with nine reasons for George Lucas to retire already. Cinematical then made a poll out of it, and ‘yes, please’ is winning. Your thoughts? I honestly don’t care all that much as long as he sticks to the prequel/intertrilogy era.
- 501st: The Heart of an Empire documentary is now available on DVD.
- Fanmade: Check out this homemade Princess Leia outfit for Barbie, complete with bun hat!
- Wait, what? Obi-Wan (Guinness version) is one of Idol Chatter’s top ten Jewish movie characters. I don’t see it, but okay.
- Ballot-stuffing time: Han Solo and Boba Fett are up MTV’s Greatest Badass Search. Who to vote for? Well, only one of them exited stage left by falling down a tentacle hole, and the other one is played by the same guy as Indiana Jones. Or, Darth Vader. Your choice.
- Merchandise: The retail season of Valentine’s Day is night, so of course there are Clone Wars and Indy IV valentines.