Combined with the release of the Robot Chicken: Star Wars special on DVD is the news that there is a second Star Wars special coming down the line from Seth Green, Matthew Senreich and company. Carrie Fisher and Billy Dee Williams will be joining the voice cast. Episode II will be coming out on November 16 on Cartoon Network.
OH BILLY DEE NO. (via)
- Fractal Matter interviews Rick McCallum about all the usual suspects: Red Tails, TV shows, etc.
- Antifungal drug causes visions of Chewbacca. Well, better Wookiees than, say, Cthulhu.
- Star Wars gets namedropped in Blackwater probe.
- £10,000 worth of figures stolen in UK.
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron comes out on Tuesday, and TOS has been pulling out all the stops: a two part Q&A; an introduction to Commander Col Serra and a look at his character evolution.
- Perennial blogger Jason Kottke asks the age-old question: What’s the best order to indoctrinate your young with Star Wars?
- University of Alabama offers BUI 301: The Gospel of Star Wars: Mass Entertainment as Postmodern Religion. Does that mean Steve Sansweet is a prophet?
- Bengal Trooper spotted!
- Sean Connery sexier than Harrison Ford, says poll.
- Natalie Portman campaigns to help end global poverty; will be starring alongside Tobey Maguire and Jake Gyllenhaal in Brothers.
- Carrie Fisher to take on Mrs. Bennett in Pride And Prejudice spoof.
- Billy Dee Williams in Aretha Franklin biopic?
- Get your Master Replicas’ products now; with their license expiring, they stop selling Star Wars stuff after December 31st.
- Check out some of the 30th Anniversary Sketch Cards.
- Complete your collection of convention exclusives with the Celebration Europe Droid 2-pack.
Billy Dee Williams on Scrubs. (Thanks, Jello!)
Harry Potter movies still lag behind Star Wars saga in the box office, though they have beaten Lord of the Rings. In other epic comparison news, Luke goes head to head with Harry and Frodo.
Nice of you to drop by
- ComputerWorld interview with ILM’s John Knoll.
- Travel blog Lost Weekend looks at visiting some of the places SW was filmed.
- R2-D2 is top of the ‘bots.
- Dustin Roberts final address as fan club president.
- Australian mayor pleads not guilty to theft of money that bought a Darth Vader voice changer.
- British storntrooper speaks
- Fan confronts school board dressed as Jedi to make point about dress code.
- Article on Billy Dee William’s latest gig, General Hospital: Night Shift
Billy Dee Williams will star in General Hospital: Night Shift as Toussaint, “a man with a haunted past.” The show is a spin-off of the daytime soap that will grace SOAPnet’s nights.