May 30th, 2009 by Dunc · 3 Comments
May 28th, 2009 by Dunc · 2 Comments
I have a feeling no one actually uses this. Tour the Star Wars bathroom. And if they do, I feel very sorry for whoever has to clean it.
Lists. Jennifer Volpe’s Top Ten Best ‘Star Wars’ Games. I’m taking a strange ornery pride in the fact that I haven’t played a single one. (Please don’t tell me to start. Some people don’t read: I don’t game.)
And finally, cake. You know it’s love when she makes you a Star Destroyer.
March 10th, 2009 by Dunc · 1 Comment
- Comics: Newsarama has a video interview with John Ostrander and Jan Duursema about Legacy. (Includes some hints at upcoming storylines!)
- This probably calls for a manip, but I don’t have the time. Reaching for the Star Wars/Watchmen connection. Hurm.
- People: The Cloud City Garrison has inducted author Steve Perry into the 501st.
- Previews: Legacy #34 and Knights of the Old Republic #39.
- Free book! WOTC has a free PDF version of Paul S. Kemp’s Twilight Falling, first of his Erevis Cale trilogy.
→ 1 CommentFiled: expanded universe
Tagged: 501st legion · comics · interviews · jan duursema · john ostrander · kotor · legacy · paul s kemp · previews · steve perry · superheroes
January 8th, 2009 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Scrap the Maker? The relaunched Sci-Fi Wire (now in blog form!) has come up with nine reasons for George Lucas to retire already. Cinematical then made a poll out of it, and ‘yes, please’ is winning. Your thoughts? I honestly don’t care all that much as long as he sticks to the prequel/intertrilogy era.
- 501st: The Heart of an Empire documentary is now available on DVD.
- Fanmade: Check out this homemade Princess Leia outfit for Barbie, complete with bun hat!
- Wait, what? Obi-Wan (Guinness version) is one of Idol Chatter’s top ten Jewish movie characters. I don’t see it, but okay.
- Ballot-stuffing time: Han Solo and Boba Fett are up MTV’s Greatest Badass Search. Who to vote for? Well, only one of them exited stage left by falling down a tentacle hole, and the other one is played by the same guy as Indiana Jones. Or, Darth Vader. Your choice.
- Merchandise: The retail season of Valentine’s Day is night, so of course there are Clone Wars and Indy IV valentines.
→ 2 CommentsFiled: fandom
Tagged: 501st legion · barbie · boba fett · darth vader · fanmade · george lucas · han solo · heart of an empire · leia organa · obi-wan kenobi · polls · valentine's day
December 16th, 2008 by Dunc · 4 Comments
Facepalm du jour: Woolworths in the U.K. is requiring that people must be 18 or old to purchase a cheap plastic lightsaber, because it might be mistake for a gun. Meanwhile, I bet anyone can go into the hardware section and buy a working flashlight fully capable of braining a full-grown man.
- Incoming: The 501st is sponsoring the TK Helmet Project. Dave Filoni, Daniel Logan, Dave Dorman, Lawrence Noble, Don Bies and the Robot Chicken folks are among the participants.
- Music: John Anealio wanted the Millennium Falcon for Christmas, and thirty years later writes a song about it.
- Crafts: Check out the Star Wars LEGO nativity!
October 27th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Last year we were wowed by their Jabba puppet at the Wolburn Halloween parade, but this time around the 501st New England Garrison and Rebel Legion Alderaan Base brought a dewback and a landspeeder, plus an actual teenage Ashoka. Check out all the gallery at 501neg.com, and direct your comments to tk7602.
October 20th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Spike TV’s SCREAM 2008 awards rewarded The Maker with the Comic-Con Icon Award Saturday. Since the SCREAM awards honor the best in fantasy, sci-fi, comics and horror, plenty of our other faves also took home awards, most notably 12 for The Dark Knight. The awards will air on Spike tomorrow night at 9pm. (via)
UPDATE: StarWars.com has a report
September 9th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
- At random: In the latest PostSecret, someone confesses “Over the years, I’ve discovered Star Wars fans make the best lovers.” Aww.
- Fansites: Lightsabre has the third part of their Robert Watts interview, a Star Wars Blueprints giveaway for UK fans, and a report from Polcon.
- Another Fanboys release date: It’s listed for November 26 on the Weinstein Company website, TFN notes, as well as a (another) possible DVD date.
- Fandom: Report on a Metro Detroit library event with the 501st’s Great Lakes Garrison and the Rebel Legion’s Midwest Base.
August 26th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
To celebrate their new line of Star Wars bedding and accessories, Pottery Barn Kids will be holding in-store events in 78 stores throughout the U.S. and Canada on Saturday, September 13th. They’re even donating $15,600 to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital on behalf of the 501st, Rebel Legion, Jedi Assembly and the R2 Builders.
July 21st, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Terri Hodges is spearheading a project with the 501st to support the the Make A Wish Foundation. The first quilt is being auctioned off on eBay right now! Learn more on the project’s MySpace or Terri’s Flickr.