Yowie and I go over the latest in the Star Wars galaxy in this week’s Unboxing Star Wars video. We bring out a B-wing as we talk about Hera in this week’s Rebels episode, ‘Wings of the Master’, and try some Star Wars packaged Honey Nut Cheerios. We also show off some Star Wars stamps from the UK and talk about the upcoming Vader Down comic crossover event. I even talk about a scene from Rescuers Down Under.
Just five days left to get Star Wars stamps
TFN posted a reminder today that the Star Wars 15-stamp sheet will no longer be available after the 25th. (Yoda stamps are okay through October.)
Postage rates have gone up since these were issued, so if you actually plan on using them be sure to make up the difference.
Got your Yoda stamps yet?
The U.S. Postal Service released the Jedi Master all by his lonesome yesterday. They’re just the thing to adorn your holiday cards!
The catchup: Monday morning reading list
- SWTV: A Day in the Life of Clone Wars while Jimmy Kimmel addresses live-action show in monologue and MSNBC’s Mary Beth Ellis asks if “Lucas be trusted with ‘Star Wars’ universe?”
- Pablo eviscerates sloppy journalism.
- Preview Insider #97, on sale tomorrow.
- More CE stuff for sale.
- New England Garrison has a Jabba puppet!
- Meet the Dune Sea Garrison
- New York Jedi in the news again.
- Tina Fey Geeks out.
- Bantha Tracks: Best Worst Costumes.
- Source archive: Whiskers, Command Performance, and Pantolomin Halfback
- NewsNet: Tarkin, Staff Die in Tragic Shuttle Crash
The Catchup: Friday morning reading list
- Yoda stamp set to be dedicated Oct. 25 at Madison Square Garden, while Artoo mailboxes move out overseas for military duty.
- Wired spotlights Robot Chicken and the New York Jedi.
- Liverpool Art and Culture Blog features Return of the Jedi artwork by Josh Kirby.
- Matt Busch corner: Behind the ‘Sith Circus’ poster; Color Pencil video.
- Mark Hamill narrates Green Arrow documentary on Smallville S6 DVDs.
- Stormtroopers love Weird Al.
- Dejarik: Can you play it? Yes!
- Know A Legion: Garrison Carida. 501st of West Virginia, Delaware, and Pennsylvania.
- Australian lottery winner plans to spend part of his winnings on Stormtrooper gear.
- Where Science Meets Imagination opens in Chicago next week.
- Geppi’s exhibit so popular, it gets an extension.
- Star Wars at the Binghamton Zoo.
EU on HYPERSPACE
Rejected Star Wars stamps in Mad
TFN points us towards a scan from the latest issue of Mad Magazine. Ewok tossing!
News: Panels, interview, ILM, and more
Full transcript from the Great To Be Nominated post-movie panel discussion. See how Pablo suffers so we might be properly informed?
Dutch fansite ToscheStation.nl interviews Rick McCallum about his background in film, working with George, and of course, the TV shows.
Three-part BBC series on ILM concludes with a look at the people driving the effects and a photo gallery.
Carrie Fisher one of the judges on Steven Spielberg and Mark Burnett’s On the Lot, a Hollywood-based reality show debuting in May.
The Force In The Flesh, a new book about Star Wars body art, will debut at Celebration. Doesn’t appear to be an official release, but certainly of interest to many fans.
Pre-order the Star Wars stamps now.
Bonnie Burton hosting ‘Make Your Own Yoda Doll’ workshop at Maker Faire.
Yoda stamp takes the lead
TFN kindly reposts the latest press release regarding USPSjedimaster.com, which announces that the Yoda stamp has taken a early lead, with Vader slowly gaining. And a new feature has been to to the site – you can now get a daily reminder email directly from them. You can also now pre-order the stamp sheet.
Rocking the stamp vote
The folks over at Star Wars Guide are serious about the Star Wars stamps getting more votes than Elvis. And they’ve set up Star Wars Vote, a website and mailing list that will send out daily reminders for you to do so.
You can vote daily, and are 41 days left to do so… Make it count!
He’s like Fat Elvis, in a way
The big story in all this stamp brouhaha – Jar-Jar was snubbed. The heart bleeds.