Via Cleolinda: Feast your eyes on the Prince Caspian trailer! Rowr. He can be the boss of me anytime!
Your costume porn for the day
IGN visits the Prince Caspian set, and comes back with costume details. It’s light on pretty dresses, but armor fans will be pleased.
Impending strike starting to wreak havoc?
The release date for Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader has been pushed back six months over what is speculated to be fear about next summer’s impending actor’s strike.
Other productions which could be impacted include Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and the next James Bond movie.
The actor’s strike looks set to take place in June next year and will in fact manifest itself as a combined strike by the Screen Actors Guild, the Directors Guild of America and the Writers Guild of America (West) against the Producers Guild of America. The predicted strike has already sent Hollywood into a frenzy of planning, with many studios reportedly accelerating production of films to avoid gaps in their release schedules.
The strike is over royalties from sales of movies over the internet and on DVD, which are not covered in the current deal between the various guilds.
Movie news: Potter, Trek, Narnia, rumors
Jim Broadbent reveals that he’ll play Professor Slughorn in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. He’s everywhere! (He also talks about his Indiana Jones role at the link.) In other casting news, looks like Zoe Saldana will be playing Uhura in JJ Abrams’ Star Trek.
In other news…
- First Prince Caspian poster. Fangirls, meet your new girly-man squee magnet. (Sorry, Orlando.)
- Heath Ledger talks about being the Joker. (Link links to video.)
- The Last Starfighter: The Musical. …What? Why? Were the rights cheap?
- Geoffrey Rush talks Pirates 4. Nothing really solid, but I am just taking this opportunity to say I would so watch a Barbossa movie.
- Shia LeBouf as Y: The Last Man’s Yorick?
- Viggo Mortsensen in The Hobbit? Well, someone has to bring the pretty, I suppose.
SDCC: The final roundup
I did not regret not going to Comic-Con until I heard this: They showed a Futurama trailer. Why is it not online? This is so unfair.
You changed the outcome by measuring it!
- The New York Times deigns to recognize SDCC.
- Kevin Smith will direct a Heroes: Origins episode.
- TOSblog reports on Blade Runner.
- Hey Buffy fans, remember Ripper? It may live after all.
- Disney is going to take on all of Narnia – starting with Prince Caspian they plan to release one a year. Um, good luck with that.
- Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are making a Sweeney Todd movie? Why did I not know this?
- Seth Rogan talks about Green Hornet
- Official Watchmen website launches
- There was some smuggled Iron Man footage, but Youtube
copyright violationedated it right before I posted. Take some transcript instead.
Trailers and such
- Captain Obvious narrates the extended preview of The Golden Compass. (Be sure to choose the second option, under the video.) It seems that the Children of Dune soundtrack is in vogue again…
- The Dark Knight photo plus teaser. Emphasis on the tease.
Hagrid and Wicket rollin’ with the cheese
Warwick Davis and Robbie Coltrane attend ‘cheese’-rolling activities in Stilton. While there, Davis revealed he’ll have a part in Prince Caspian.
Movie News: Indy, Batman, Supes, Drew
Sean Connery ‘considering’ Indy IV. Speaking of sorta maybe Indy stuff, be warned that Indy rumor-ridden young actor Shia LaBeouf will be hosting this Saturday’s Saturday Night Live. Indiana Jones jokes are likely!
In other rumor news, could Orlando Bloom be considering a role in the sequel to Superman Returns? I’m not feeling it.
Harvey Dent is appearing in The Dark Knight but his alter ego Two-Face is less likely.
And enough about that – I both kind of want to see and yet dread the Nancy Drew movie, but here’s some pictures to get the preteens excited.
And lastly The Voyage of the Dawn Treader may have found a director. Don’t screw it up, Hollywood – it’s my favorite. (Irony!)
No Academy Award for Sith
Howard Berger and Tami Lane just won the Best Makeup Oscar for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. It was the lone category Revenge of the Sith was nominated in.
Movie News: Costumes, naked starlets
Costumes from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Also, if you happen to be in or near Los Angeles in the next few months, the Fashion Insitute of Design & Merchandising is displaying costumes from several 2005 releases, including ROTS, Serenity, King Kong, The Corpse Bride, and others. (via The Daily Digest)
Vanity Fair has Scarlett Johansson and Keira Knightley naked on the latest cover. This is the infamous cover shoot that Rachel McAdams walked out of and really… Can you blame her? The creepy (clothed) guy that replaced her is Tom Ford, the issue’s guest editor.
Paradox now controls Robert E. Howard film rights. Come on, is the world really clamoring for more Conan?
Ewan McGregor to star as one of Hitchcock’s leading men in biopic of the director.
Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = Crazy Delicious!
This weekend’s Saturday Night Live was mostly forgettable – even with Jack Black hosting – but the best bit by far featured Andy Samburg and Chris Parnell rapping about Narnia, cupcakes, and Mapquest.