Trivia masters rejoice: Jeopardy! added a Star Wars category today. It’s already aired here (curses!) so I have to ask: just how obsessed does one have to be to make the $1000 question laughable?
In the News
- Add David Cronenberg to the list of directors who could have made Return of the Jedi. (via)
- TFN reports that Christine Hewett, who played one of the Tonnika sisters in ANH, has past away.
- Jake Lloyd as Anakin Skywalker tops New York Magazine’s list of ten annoying child actors they’d love to send to Kid Nation. I must object – one film, no matter how disapointing, simply isn’t enough to justify putting Lloyd above any prepubescent cast member of Full House. That show terrorized American airwaves for eight years, not counting syndication.
- AFI is sponsering 11 screenings in Hollywood to celebrate its 40th anniversary, including George Lucas presenting A New Hope. Alas, tickets “sold out faster than the Falcon made the Kessel Run,” as Stooge pointed out on Wednesday.
- IGN’s featured Dead Ewok (colloquially known to fandom as Corpsey) as their Obscure Character of the Day for (again) Wednesday.
- The Jedi Assembly celebrates fifth anniversary.
On the TOS
- The runup to Family Guy: Blue Harvest continues with an interview with writer/producer Alec Sulkin and giclée prints on Star Wars Shop.
- Pete Vilmur takes a look at the ‘pointy W’ logo.
- Hyperspace: Bantha Tracks covers Dragon*Con, while the Source Archive explored the insignia of Rogue Squadron and The New Republic as well as two more NewsNet articles: Ralltiir Uprising Quelled and Imperial Senate Suspended.
Bonnie at TOS has found step by step instructions on how to make one of your own, and pics of a few buddies. I have a feeling something like this would be very popular at the next CJ auction. Hint hint.
I’ve been too busy for random surfing, but SF Signal to the rescue – they found three (well, four – but we already linked the subwoofer) great Star Wars diversions yesterday: Everything Star Wars, the top 15 Han Solo quotes you need to use in regular conversation, and learn to speak Ewok. Though why anyone would feel the need to talk to Ewoks is mystery to me.
Yahoo Underground interviews Bonnie about her Ewok revenge fantasies.
Barbershop quartet Crackerjack Junctions sings the Ewok Celebration Song. Are those the real lyrics? I guess now we know why the Ewoks fired their lyricist.
There are Klingons in the White House! I think this is one incident where we can put aside our political differences and shake our heads in one collective “what the hell?”
Kiwi is an animation from Dony Permedi. It really is adorable. In sort of a sad way. You’ll see.
See the R2-D2 projector in action.
AT-AT: All Artoo, all the time!
- Chess fight: R2-D2 vs. Jawa. Great use of movie sound effects and overall awesomeness.
- Artoo vs. AT-ST. The rare occasions where homebrew animation (or so I assume) actually works.
- R2-D2 takes out the garbage. And here’s another. It’s our lucky day!
- R2 vs. Robosapien. Laying down cool beats.
- R2-D2 vs. baby. I kid, I kid.
- Hologram remix Twice as long as it really needs to be, but still pretty funny, in no small part due to the soundtrack.
- Artoo plays bass?