Bettie Magazine counts down nine badass Star Wars women, including several from the Expanded Universe. It’s not particularly hard to guess who rightfully takes the top spot. (via)
JadeCon is never a good time for real blogging, and so several stories over the last week got missed. Now that I’ve slept an entire night (and then some,) and taken a Claritin (damn you, con crud!) and am finally back in the land of working wireless, here’s some of The Clone Wars stuff that got missed:
- The AP came up with a real head-scratcher yesterday: Anakin Skywalker as a dirty old man. Now, let’s not pretend there won’t be any Anakin/Ashoka fanfic, but seriously? No.
- CBR has an interview with Henry Gilroy about Dark Horse’s Clone Wars line.
- Creative Loafing’s Fresh Loaf is defending the prequels from The Clone Wars. I for one would so choose to watch even The Phantom Menace over TCW.
- io9 had five things they want to see in The Clone Wars TV show. More Ziro? Umm…
Nab the widget for your own site. If only it was scalable…
Lucasfilm pushes the ‘girl power’ angle with Ashoka, though I’m not sure that headline is the inference they’re looking for. Speaking of our latest leading lady, there was a TCW segment with Ashley Eckstein on Entertainment Tonight the other day, but I’m not finding it on their site. Why you gotta be like that, ET? It’s 2008, and you are syndicated: Embrace the web already!
- Shocking! io9 thinks that Ahsoka Tano is going to die. We say: No shit, Sherlock.
- Fansites: Share your EU musings on EUC’s EUBlogs.
- Project: Make your collection classy with a miniatures wall decoration.
- Time-wasting: Mando fans can customize (to the point of being nearly ridiculous) their fantasy armor with the Mandalorian Merc’s Mandomaker.
The new company and licensee launched their website today – so if you’re dying to get a jump on one of their 500 full-size Stormtrooper helmets (on sale tomorrow) you can beat the competition by registering today. Or you can simply check out upcoming products, like a Darth Vader ‘concept’ helmet (which even I can admit is kind of neat) and an Ashoka lightsaber.
TFN spotted this on Youtube earlier this morning, so better watch it before it’s pulled. (The scene is the vertical cliff-side battle we got a glimpse of in the trailer, featuring Anakin, Ahsoka, and a lot of droids.)
In other The Clone Wars news, Fandango says that the film’s run time is two hours, one minute.
StarWars.com introduces Anakin Skywalker’s Clone Wars
cannon fodder padawan, Ahsoka Tano.