“I have a huge number of men who call me,” she says. “And tell me how much of a Star Wars fan they are, how much they want to get involved in anything to do with Star Wars. I don’t have a lot of women who call.”
We’re seeing some signs of The Force Awakens rating and runtime. Nothing is really official yet, and there are some inconsistencies, but such is the nature of internet gossip.
Following the Nerd claims they have UK details for the film, which is to-be-announced at 12A, or their equivalent to PG-13. On that note, Yakface spotted that the film is listed as PG-13 on the AMC theaters app.
Whether this is likely or they’re just using the Revenge of the Sith rating as a placeholder… We don’t know. It does seem unlikely we’ll get anything gruesome as crispy Anakin this early in the trilogy, but who knows?
Perhaps more believably, the FTN report claims the film is 136 minutes, which puts it on the long side for a Star Wars movie (only Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith are longer, if not by much) but not particularly long for huge blockbusters in general these days.
(AMC is also listing a Star Wars marathon for December 17, something we’ve heard rumblings of before.)
While promoting his new film Bridge of Spies with Tom Hanks, director Steven Spielberg mentioned his hope to work with Harrison Ford on a fifth Indiana Jones film. In a chat with Yahoo Movies, Spielberg mentions his collaborations with Harrison Ford and Tom Hanks:
“We’ve gotta figure this out because now, Tom is tied with Harrison Ford: Harrison and I did four movies, Tom and I have done four movies… Now I’ll probably do an Indy 5 with Harrison, [so] it’ll be five for Harrison, four for Tom. … I’ve got to make another one with Tom, that’ll be five for Tom, five for Harrison. And I think I’m going to leapfrog that way for the rest of my career. With Daniel Day-Lewis in everything else!”
At this point, however, there’s not a lot of progress yet on Indiana Jones 5. According to Cinema Blend, there’s still not past the scripting stage.
Jason at Making Star Wars today says that the early buzz he’s heard on The Force Awakens has been very positive, from production to people who’ve actually seen the film in some form. Now, I would still be cautious, but it’s a good sign.
J.J. Abrams was recently part of a Vanity Fair talk with producer Brian Grazer and Apple’s Jony Ive. In addition to telling the story of how he turned it down at first yet again, he also confirms that he has final cut on The Force Awakens – although Disney being Disney, the contract would allow otherwise.
He also praises the Disney folks, saying “I cannot say enough about how Bog Iger and Alan Horn have understood this thing that is now part of the Disney company. And they’re not trying to Disney-fy it, they’re not doing anything other than, I think, an incredibly smart thing, which is letting Kathleen Kennedy — who is a remarkable person and producer — run and lead Lucasfilm to a place where I think it wants to go. They let us make the movie we wanted to make.” (via)
Obi-Wan & Anakin, a 5-issue limited series from writer Charles Soule (Lando) and artist Marco Checchetto (Shattered Empire) will debut in January, CBR reports. Here’s the official synopsis for #1:
“Before their military heroism in the Clone Wars, before their tragic battle on Mustafar, and many decades before their final confrontation on the Death Star… they were Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and his Padawan learner, Anakin Skywalker. It’s been a few years since Obi-Wan pledged to train the young “chosen one,” but even as they have grown closer through training, it has been a difficult road. Now, called to a remote planet for assistance, Master and Padawan may be pushed to the breaking point. Writer Charles Soule (Lando, She-Hulk, Daredevil) and artist Marco Checchetto (Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Avengers World, Punisher) bring us a tale of the Jedi at the height of their power…”
Marvel has previously touched on the very end of the prequel era with the Rebels tie-in Kanan: The Last Padawan.