The Jedi Council (aka TFN) Literature Board counts down their hundred favorite bits of the Expanded Universe. Counting not only novels and comics but short stories and video games, the results are rather fascinating. Not that I would take it as anything more than representative of the community that created it… TFNers are strange folk.
You can read the list in context on the boards, but note that the results were posted over several days, and the thread has ballooned, as they tend to do. I’ve the top 20 below the cut.
20. (tie) I, Jedi (Stackpole)
20. (tie) Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (video game)
19. The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide duology (Stackpole)
18. The Dark Nest Trilogy (Denning)
17. Legacy of the Force: Betrayal (Allston)
16. The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines duology (Allston)
15. Shadows of the Empire (Perry)
14. Legacy of the Force: Inferno (Denning)
13. X-wing: Starfighters of Adumar (Allston)
12. The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force (Luceno)
11. Labyrinth of Evil (Luceno)
10. X-wing: Wraith Squadron arc (Allston)
9. Shatterpoint (Stover)
7. (tie) X-wing: Rogue Squadron arc (Stackpole)
7. (tie) Legacy: Broken (Ostrander)
6. The Hand of Thrawn Duology (Zahn)
5. Knights of the Old Republic (video game)
4. The New Jedi Order: Star by Star (Denning)
3. The New Jedi Order: Traitor (Stover)
2. The Thrawn Trilogy (Zahn)
1. Revenge of the Sith novelization (Stover)
I’m not surprised by the prevalence of Stover, Zahn, Allston and Stackpole, but the number of overall NJO books is a shock. And Shadows of the Empire? Both KOTOR games? Really?