It’s that time of the year when flower, candy, and jewelry stores make us think that romance better be in the kriffin’ air. But what’s a Star Wars fan to do to celebrate Valentine’s Day with a special someone? Well, it turns out Darth Cupid has been shooting some Valentine’s Day goodies for Star Wars Expanded Universe fans over the years. Short stories, comics, and more. Continue reading ““I love EU.” “I know.” Valentine’s Day in the Expanded Universe”
Looking for the perfect way to share how how you feel on Valentine’s Day? Ranging from “I’d just as soon kiss a Wookiee” to “I’m haunted by the kiss you should never have given me”, Darth Cupid has had you covered for your Star Wars valentine needs for decades. Continue reading “Valentine’s Day cards, Star Wars style”
I completely forgot it was Valentine’s Day, and thus forgot to find something appropriately horrific or hopelessly sappy. Please accept this heartwarming love song instead.
Han and Leia by Steph Swanger takes the Gone With the Wind pose back to the source. (I figure since in past years I’ve tormented you with twincest, photoshoppery, and Law & Order, it wouldn’t hurt to go traditional. Just this once.)
Looking for more holiday stuff? StarWars.com rounds up their offerings.
(Twitter folks, click here.)
Scrap the Maker? The relaunched Sci-Fi Wire (now in blog form!) has come up with nine reasons for George Lucas to retire already. Cinematical then made a poll out of it, and ‘yes, please’ is winning. Your thoughts? I honestly don’t care all that much as long as he sticks to the prequel/intertrilogy era.
- 501st: The Heart of an Empire documentary is now available on DVD.
- Fanmade: Check out this homemade Princess Leia outfit for Barbie, complete with bun hat!
- Wait, what? Obi-Wan (Guinness version) is one of Idol Chatter’s top ten Jewish movie characters. I don’t see it, but okay.
- Ballot-stuffing time: Han Solo and Boba Fett are up MTV’s Greatest Badass Search. Who to vote for? Well, only one of them exited stage left by falling down a tentacle hole, and the other one is played by the same guy as Indiana Jones. Or, Darth Vader. Your choice.
- Merchandise: The retail season of Valentine’s Day is night, so of course there are Clone Wars and Indy IV valentines.