We all knew she was destined for more.
- US fans can catch the premiere of Stargate Universe on October 2nd at 9pm on Syfy. They’ll be starting with a 2-hour show complete with a big send-off from some prior show folks.
- SG1’s Amanda Tapping will follow the next week with the season premiere of Sanctuary.
- Speaking of Sanctuary, look for Michael Shanks and Paul McGillion to show up, at some point.
- Joe Flanigan is showing up on Warehouse13 on their August 4th episode.
- And don’t forget that the Children of the Gods – Final Cut will be released on July 21st in the US. (Although if they really cut out Sam’s Best Line Ever, I’ll be very sad. “Just because my reproductive organs are on the inside…”)
I really need to do these more often. Lots of news flying, these days.
Prepare to be astounded. Stargate Universe is going to feature an openly gay character for the first time; in addition to being “dark and edgy.” (The cast does not appear to be as dark and edgy, though. If you’re not already following them, cast members David Blue and Brian Jacob Smith have been Twittering up a storm and seem like a lot of fun.)
So this gay thing is not entirely new. It has already been said that at least one of the Atlantis characters was gay, but they never put it on screen. And there may be others.
Maybe they’ll do that in the “some day soon” version of the Atlantis movie? (Joe Mallozzi has been working on the script.) But apparently MGM is being a bit wishy-washy about the timing for this and the next SG1 project.
Well, look who’s been a bit lazy! So what’s been happening around the Gate, lately?
- RDA showed back up on SNL.
- Atlantis’ Jamie Ray Newman (Cadman) has been cast alongside Rebecca Romijn in Eastwicke.
- Morena Baccarin (Adria and, of course, Inara from Firefly ) is going to be Anna in the V remake. (I could SO see that.)
- David Hewlett is making progress with his new comedy Starcrossed
- MGM is still looking for entries for their design-a-cover contest
- Rachel Luttrell, Joe Mallozzi and David Hewlett all take their curtain calls on the official site
- And the new show, Stargate Universe, is getting cranking on principal photography with the return of Peter DeLuise and a trip to New Mexico.
Which will you choose?
- There’s a Fan’s Choice poll to choose the favorite Atlantis episodes to go onto a BluRay Fan Favorites compilation. (via)
- There’s a video of all the handsome guys at the wrap party held after the last episode was done. (Which, by the way, scored great ratings.)
- Or if you prefer to go the SG1 route, there’s a very philosophical interview with Ben Browder about Stargate, Farscape and his general outlook on life.