The Jawas were hard at work, and here’s some of what they found on Etsy this week.
- I think this Empire Strikes Back Babydoll tunic dress/top is adorable! Not so sure I support the suggestion of leggings as pants, though. Still, it’s cute. Just wear real pants. ($29.99)
- TypsyGypsyTees also has several Star Wars items, including this AT-AT onesie ($14) or a girl cut probe droid tee. ($20)
- A Return of the Jedi ‘boob tube style dress’ by Natty Boho. ($60)
- Kick it in style at your next con with Star War Chucks by Chylde. ($50)
- A Return of the Jedi tutu? Why not? It’s by XPoppysWickedGardenX. ($40) Also in ANH, Yoda, and a Clone Wars halter top.
- Let your freak flag really fly with the Boba Fett ski mask by Unclaimed Baggage. ($70)
- Or keep your hipster cred with the Star Wars cycling cap by MMildredSnodgrass. ($32)
(The Jawas are still hard at work sorting listings, so stay tuned.)
Do you take this fan… Two Star Wars weddings made it on the internet this week! The first, in the UK, featuring a full party of costumed guests. The second, in the Philippines, features a stormtrooper-inspired gown, at right… And lightsabers. Naturally.
With blackjack! And hookers!
- Hot rumor mill action! Jim Hill wonders if Lucasfilm and Disney are plotting something. Oh, oh! A land war in Asia!
Elsewhere in the media…
- David Lynch (briefly) talks about George’s offer to direct ROTJ. Sadly lacking in wacky Lynch-ness. (via)
- Star Wars-inspired shoes much less Star Wars-looking than expected. I am underwhelmed. Really, you could throw a SW logo on pretty much anything made of shiny black leather and call it Vader-inspired.
- Video of George Lucas at the D5 conference.
- I bet Phil knows this guy. Also every time I see the headline I think it says Mary Franklin.
- Star Wars namechecked in column on movie soundtracks, surprisingly absolutely no one.
- Artist re-envisions critic as a Hutt. Naturally. (via)