/film has a collection of Cinematic Pumpkin Carvings, leading off with plenty of Star Wars offerings.
I didn’t almost forget Halloween – I am just in a deep blogging funk. I meant to do this Friday. Sorry, folks. :(
- Hidden in the depths of Star Wars.com, and brought to light here, are Spooky Sith-O-Lanterns. Selections include insignia, masks, and Yoda.
- Nab a couple of fan-made templates here, or throw a couple of bucks towards the Zombie Pumpkin folks.
- Pink Raygun has an impressive selection of geeky carving templates: Star Trek, Firefly/Heroes, Pan’s Labyrinth, and Donnie Darko
- And finally, for the more traditonally inclined, how about some elaborate skulls or more simple fare?
Almost Halloween, time for the annual pumpkin-carving post… Alas, our old favorite, Zombie Pumpkins has gone for paid membership this year, although unlimited access does go for as little as $2. There are a tone of great stencils to choose from, including Star Wars, Buffy, and Pirates of the Carribean.
But the geek community moves ever on, and this year’s hot custom pumpkins include the Daleks, Cylons, a pirate, and even an actual PC. MAKE and CRAFT have even set up a contest and a Flickr pool for geek-ready pumpkins.
More pumpkin links
- Extreme pumpkin. On fire, puking, drowning… you name it, it’s here.
- Weird O’Lanterns. Includes a cannible pumpkin, carvings inspired by Goatse and Calvin and Hobbies, and the MOST HORRIFYING PUMKIN OF ALL!
- Klingon Pumpkin. Exactly what it sounds like.
What self-respecting geek would carve a pumpkin with triangle eyes and buck teeth when one could fashion Darth Vader or Legolas in squash instead?
Here you will find an amazing array of pumpkin carving patterns just in time for Halloween.
Choose “patterns” on the left-hand side of the screen for a complete listing, including SW, LOTR, Super Heroes, Famous Movie Monsters, and more.