With everyone gearing up for The Dark Knight, the MTV Movie Blog takes a look back at the Joker of Batman: The Animated Series, perhaps best known to Star Wars fans as Mark Hamill’s signature voice role.
StarWars.com has announced that Mark Hamill and Anthony Daniels will be guests at the third 30th anniversary convention taking place outside Tokyo this June. Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch, Jake Lloyd, Temuera Morrison, Daniel Logan and Matthew Wood are also confirmed.
Yes, this is one of a series of videos from Point Park University where Hamill is basically campaigning for Barak Obama. In the interest of political neutrality (CJers are all over the map) the one up top has very little political content and really is mostly about stunts. (And gorillas.) You can watch the rest here, here, and here. There’s Star Wars/family/career stuff throughout. (via)
Like the rest of us, he “can’t wait to see” the latest take on his signature animated character.
“For all those fans that dreamed of an adult approach to the material, ‘Batman Begins’ got nearly everything right,” Mark Hamill wrote to MTV News upon first seeing the trailer for Chris Nolan’s The Dark Knight. “I have no doubt this one will be just as good or better.”
CharityFolks.com is running an auction to benefit Samuel L Jackson’s charity, ANSA-Artists for a New South Africa. The lucky winner of this particular auction, and one guest, will have a private lunch with Mark Hamill.
- Yoda stamp set to be dedicated Oct. 25 at Madison Square Garden, while Artoo mailboxes move out overseas for military duty.
- Wired spotlights Robot Chicken and the New York Jedi.
- Liverpool Art and Culture Blog features Return of the Jedi artwork by Josh Kirby.
- Matt Busch corner: Behind the ‘Sith Circus’ poster; Color Pencil video.
- Mark Hamill narrates Green Arrow documentary on Smallville S6 DVDs.
- Stormtroopers love Weird Al.
- Dejarik: Can you play it? Yes!
- Know A Legion: Garrison Carida. 501st of West Virginia, Delaware, and Pennsylvania.
- Australian lottery winner plans to spend part of his winnings on Stormtrooper gear.
- Where Science Meets Imagination opens in Chicago next week.
- Geppi’s exhibit so popular, it gets an extension.
- Star Wars at the Binghamton Zoo.
EU on HYPERSPACE
Mark Hamill is hosting ‘Monster Radio’ on radioamerica.org Saturday nights, 8.00-10.00 pm ET. To hear it live, click on ’24 hr Streaming’ on the main page then. To hear the most recent back episode, click on ‘audio’, then ‘Monster Radio’.
I actually remember reading this article in the Insider. I have been doing this way too long.
In other crossover news, TFN reports that Mark Hamill does commentary on the episode he guest-voiced, ‘Mayored to the Mob,’ on the 10th season Simpsons DVDs.
Hasbro profits tumble after Lucas stock buyback, but sales are strong for Transformers and Spider-Man toys.
No Harry! I swear!
- Jim Ward interviewed by San Jose Mercury News.
- THX moves beyond theaters.
- Pablo on why you don’t want to fly too close to Luke or stand too near Leia.
- Dave Dorman profiled in local paper.
- German robot masters walking
- Hamill not SW trivia master.
- Another Slave Leia group photo planned at Comic-Con. Sigh.
- Chewbacca dies at age 26. (Warning! PDF link.)