- TV: Tina Fey was spotted wearing a Leia ’08 t-shirt on Saturday Night Live’s season premiere this weekend. On that note, io9’s list of SNL’s best sci-fi sketches contains bonus Mark Hamill.
- Food: Star Wars bento boxes? Wacky!
- List: Yoda (though not in cake form) is one of Great White Snark’s top five unexpectedly bad-ass geek heroes.
Yes, it’s true… Mark Hamill will be voicing the Joker in the Batman: Arkham Asylum game. It’s been posted on his website.
Rumorville: Perth Now is reporting that the music for a Star Wars TV series filmed in Sydney that “could have 400 half-hour episodes” (umm…) will be recorded in Perth by Malcolm Luker. Okay then! Of course, George Lucas (or a good impersonator) was spotted down under last week. I guess we’ll get the full story (or not) in November.
- But seriously… George is part of Vanity Fair’s New Establishment.
- Good luck with that: British comedian/TV personality Justin Lee Collins is attempting to reunite the Star Wars cast on a show airing this Sunday. (Warning: The Sun.)
- Fans of note: Underwire has a short profile of Slave Leia belly dancer Amira Sa’id. And video of her routines, natch.
- Licensees: The Clone Wars Happy Meals (and the Olympics) helped boost McDonald’s sales. We’re so proud.
- People: Word on the street is that Mark Hamill will reprise the Joker for the Batman: Arkham Asylum game.
- Fan art: The Mona Leia could be yours for only $1225.
- Video: Building the Lego Death Star.
- Ancient history: Early movie piracy with Apple’s Steve Wozniak.
- Lists: Topless Robot counts down Mark Hamill’s ten greatest post-Star Wars roles.
- Graphjam: Possible responses to Padme’s death over time, choices according to Yoda, the CGI uncanny valley, a small moon (and again.)
With everyone gearing up for The Dark Knight, the MTV Movie Blog takes a look back at the Joker of Batman: The Animated Series, perhaps best known to Star Wars fans as Mark Hamill’s signature voice role.
StarWars.com has announced that Mark Hamill and Anthony Daniels will be guests at the third 30th anniversary convention taking place outside Tokyo this June. Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch, Jake Lloyd, Temuera Morrison, Daniel Logan and Matthew Wood are also confirmed.
Yes, this is one of a series of videos from Point Park University where Hamill is basically campaigning for Barak Obama. In the interest of political neutrality (CJers are all over the map) the one up top has very little political content and really is mostly about stunts. (And gorillas.) You can watch the rest here, here, and here. There’s Star Wars/family/career stuff throughout. (via)