Tomorrow is the third annual Wear Star Wars Share Star Wars Day. To observe, either wear something Star Wars or donate a new, unwrapped toy to one of the many organizations out there that take donations for children in need – but make sure to specify that the toy can go to either a girl or a boy with a post-it.
Remember last year when the Star Wars community rallied around Katie in Chicago who was bullied for liking Star Wars? Everyone wore Star Wars and was encouraged to donate a Star Wars toy in her honor.
We’re going to do it again this year! Friday, December 16th is the day to wear Star Wars in some sort of capacity.
Fans are also encouraged to donate a Star Wars toy to a charity (labeled as “either boy OR girl”). If you’d like to really keep it in the Star Wars family, the 501st is a big supporter of Toys for Tots.
If you haven’t been on Twitter the past few nights, you can check out Bonnie’s photos of the Los Angeles screening on Flickr. And now, onward:
- IGN’s Eric Goldman says that for action-oriented fans, “these are the episodes you’ve been looking for,” and that the storyline is “exactly the kick in the pants this season has needed.”
- Newsarama’s Lucas Siegel says that Savage “injects not just some straight action but also some of the … intrigue into the mix. ”
- Amy of Geek with Curves says that “series is truly meant for the big screen; it was stunning.”
- NJOE’s Darth Potentia gives a fairly detailed run-through, saying “Katie Lucas… crafted a tight story, which showed action, emotion, and humor.”
- RedEye’s Elliott Serrano attended the Chicago screening (with Katie the Star Wars Girl!) and while he wasn’t a fan of the series originally, he’s now a convert, saying “the story line was fast-paced with lots of action and humor to break up the exposition, just like classic Star Wars.” (And he’s giving away Savage Opress t-shirts.)
There are spoilers out there if you know where to look – or if you’re an Insider subscriber – but for the most part these reviews are keeping the big secret… So far.