Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog has won the People’s Choice Award for Favorite Online Sensation, in the 35th Annual People’s Choice Awards, beating out other such online sensations as “Paris Hilton’s response to McCain ad”. In the other geeky categories, Heroes nabbed the spot for Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show, Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman got favorite superhero, and Christian and Heath beat out Harrison and Shia for Favorite On Screen Match Up. The Dark Knight beat out Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Iron Man for both favorite movie and favorite action movie.
Now that the actors have decided to postpone their strike vote, we can get back to worrying and fretting about the fates of our favorite genre shows.
Personally, I’m voting for Chuck and all his unabashedly geeky enthusiasm
Entertainment industry strikes have an interesting way of shaking up the following season. This one is no exception.
- Heroes is steadily dropping with each episode: down 18% from the already-sluggish season premiere. However, according to EOnline, it’s doing really well on Hulu. (Have you people learned nothing from Stargate? TV execs and advertisers don’t understand this whole alternative viewing thing, yet. Watch it live if you want to keep it!)
- Sarah Connor is, according to SyFyPortal, on the verge of cancellation, but also thriving in the alternative market.
- Chuck is holding on, but has also dropped 11%.
So let’s focus on the happy, shall we?
- Clone Wars set a new record for Cartoon Network with 4 million viewers.
- Fringe won the coveted 18-49 demographic
- And even Sanctuary drummed up strong numbers for SciFi with 2.7 million viewers. (Although I suspect this will be another that soon bleeds off to online and DVR viewing.)
Remember, fellow geeks, only you can save TV shows: watch them live!
Bonnie gets the dirt on why he wanted to be Luke in Return of the Jedi (good taste) and how he has started using his ForceFX lightsaber to intimidate everywhere he goes. (Oh, get your minds out of the gutter!)
Ah, don’t you just love the smell of a new TV season?
Yup. Smells like a new season!