Because we’re just not starved enough for a half-decent movie this year…
The teaser trailer for the final (two) Harry Potter movies linked online this weekend. Be sure to watch before it goes down again! (Thanks, Toph!)
Baby, why you gotta be so sparkly? There’s actual, serious talk about splitting the fourth Twilight book into two movies. After all, Harry Potter is doing it, and just think of all that squeeful allowance cash beckoning. At this rate, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn: Part I: The Pillowing will be out next Christmas. All signs point to beige, and a possible endorsement deal with the old-timey Gap.
On a more positive Twilight note (Not so! I lie!) there’s Cleolinda’s New Moon in Fifteen Minutes. And for proof that Bella Swan follows a well-worn path, five terrible male role models in guy-centric blockbusters. You’ll never guess who takes the first spot. (Okay, you totally will.) Though alas, Edward is still rather creepy, what with fufilling all those signs of an abusive relationship… By any chance does Breaking Dawn end with him getting pan-fried in lava? That I’d watch.
Moving on… First images from Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Oh baby. (Please don’t suck, movie.)
It is RDJ, after all. The first official poster for Iron Man 2 has arrived, and it looks kind of familiar…. Oh my god. Entertainment Weekly has kindly provided a primer on War Machine for the soon-to-be eager slash fangirls.
Speaking of… A (rather boring) first look at Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
The movie posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have finally made it on to the internet — and look pretty damn cool. Is it July 17 yet?
Finally, The Deathly Hallows was the most borrowed book from UK libraries last year.
ILM vet to direct Captain America movie. Marvel has signed Joe Johnston (Hidalgo, The Rocketeer) to helm The First Avenger: Captain America. Johnston got his start as an effects illustrator and designer on Star Wars, and also worked on ESB, ROTJ, Raiders, Temple of Doom, Willow, and Young Indy.
- Breaking news from the the forbidden planet of Omega 3: A new Star Trek trailer will be debuting on Quantum of Solace this weekend, but AICN has a description. We do get some new posters, but they’re nothing too exciting.
- Why you do this? We’re not going to get to see Professor Trelawney lobbing crystal balls at Death Eaters because Emma Thompson is picking the Nanny McPhee sequel over Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Not even a quick cameo? Ms. Thompson, why do you hate fun?
- Just imagine the theme song. Beyonce wants to be Wonder Woman. She’s certainly a woman who knows how to dress like something out of a comic book.
- What remains of the X-Men: A synopsis of the Magneto prequel has leaked.
- Much ado about Temeraire: Peter Jackson options Naomi Novik’s Empire of Ivory and Victory of Eagles. (He already has the first three.)