A schoolgirl girl band. And Ahsoka. Oh, Japan. (From The Clone Wars panel – the band is AKB48, and it seems Dave Filoni does most of the talking.) Also: Steve Sansweet in a
kimono yukata, Mark Hamill and George Lucas in Carbonite. (Okay, mildly surprising.)
The Associated Press got an early peek at The Clone Wars and chatted with Dave Filoni about the movie. Their take is pretty positive, but they do manage to cite least one detail that outdoes the hilarity/horror of “punky muffin.” Here’s hoping it sounds better in context…
Slashfilm has the Warner Bros. schedule for San Diego Comic Con, including their showcase for The Clone Wars on Friday:
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
4:00pm – 5:00pm in Hall H
Expected Talent: Dave Filoni (director) and Catherine Winder (producer)
- Time’s Rebecca Winters Keegan considers advice to George Lucas.
- The ‘Where Science Meets Imagination’ exhibit has reached it’s final destination (so far?) in Minnesota, and it looks like tickets are going fast.
- Blame Society at work on yet more Chad Vader.
- The Clone War’s Dave Filoni talks to Tim Lammers of New Hampshire’s WMUR 9.
- Whatever happened to 5/25/77, aka the other Star Wars movie we expected to be in theaters by now? Well, it’s secured funding for a Toronto debut, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Producer Catherine Winder and Supervising Director Dave Filoni will present a Clone Wars behind-the-scenes presentation on Sunday at Celebration.