It’s turkey time!
Pirates leave you cold? Harry Potter not your thing? Transformers not moving you? Take a look at next year’s summer blockbusters.
Getting on with it…
- First Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix review. Not really much for talking about the actual movie, are we?
- Meanwhile, Pablo saw Transformers.
- National Lampoon to weakly parody 300. I think the internet already took care of this one, guys.
- Conan rights up for grabs. Also, another He-Man movie? This can’t possibly end well.
- Justice League film may be next for Superman.
It’s raining 300 men. Really, why didn’t this get posted yesterday? I have no explanation.
Stephen Colbert’s Americone Dream. In Italian, a sure sign of quality.
What you gonna do with all that ass?
Conan the Barbarian, literary figure. Jokes about Ahnold’s acting aside, this is a pretty interesting article. From the sheer number of his works, I’d never have guessed that Robert E. Howard killed himself at 30.
Costumes from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Also, if you happen to be in or near Los Angeles in the next few months, the Fashion Insitute of Design & Merchandising is displaying costumes from several 2005 releases, including ROTS, Serenity, King Kong, The Corpse Bride, and others. (via The Daily Digest)
Vanity Fair has Scarlett Johansson and Keira Knightley naked on the latest cover. This is the infamous cover shoot that Rachel McAdams walked out of and really… Can you blame her? The creepy (clothed) guy that replaced her is Tom Ford, the issue’s guest editor.
Paradox now controls Robert E. Howard film rights. Come on, is the world really clamoring for more Conan?