- Help a padawan. TFN alerts us to the plight of young Maddie.
- The important questions of our time. What was the best year for movies? 1997, 1994, or 1999?
- 501st. Fanboys director Kyle Newman was inducted into the 501st Legion.
- Ode to fandom, sort of. Variety did an article about the Star Wars presence at SDCC. That’s kinda snarky for Variety…
- Blog: Distracted by Star Wars.
It was inevitable… Hot Chicks With Stormtroopers, AKA a nicer take off of internet ‘sensation’ Hot Chicks with Douchbags, or as we like to call it in this fandom… No, sorry. Too easy. (Speaking of douchebags, io9’s weekend commentators are certainly doing their darnedest. Bravo, gentlemen.)
Late again… I have no good excuse. Nor for why I only read three books in the whole month. (I haven’t even finished one in May yet, though I’m working on it.) Stupid sexy internet. Continue reading “Dunc reads: Mini-reviews of April books”
John Scalzi mines Technorati to bring us the top 51 personal blogs in science fiction and fantasy. Neil Gaiman is first, BECAUSE IT’S THE LAW.
According to Blogpulse, Revenge of the Sith was the second most blogged movie of the year. A New Hope also made it in at #24, but there are plenty of other familiar names.
Darth Vader didn’t make the ‘top people’ list, but Harry Potter did beat out President Bush, Pope John Paul II, and Britney Spears for the top spot.
Meanwhile, CJers are working on a best-of list of our own. We’ll be chat tonight (10:00pm Eastern, irc.holonet.org, #clubjade) if you’d care to join.