Fear not – most of the stuff I’ve been posting so far aren’t really things that would make it all the way to the blog in a timely fashion, and more stuff from the blog will make it out there throughout the week.
But, of course, I blame Stooge.
It’s looking like another slow news day around these parts, so let’s chat. Ask me anything. (Even if it’s not Star Wars! Why the hell not!) Share something cool. Discuss. Whatever! Let’s chill.
2011 was a good year for here at Club Jade. We saw hits rise, in no small part due to links from StarWars.com and Reddit, and people searching for news about the Blu-rays and Hallmart ornaments. Plus that whole thing about civility. And Vin Diesel. (Yes, Vin Diesel.) Head below the cut for the details.
We have all gathered here in the suite for our Post-Con Depression Kick-Off Breakfast: bagels, cold pizza, cake, Doritos, stale popcorn and cookies. The breakfast of geeks, baby!
Before we start putting the suite back into place, we thought we’d post our collection of quotes for, well, our enjoyment. Regular blogging will return after we get home and sleep for a few days.
- “Acknowledge my existence!” – Fen to a cantankerous bathroom water sensor
- “When will people realize that you just shouldn’t put pictures of your junk on the internet?” – Elizabeth
- “Or you give it to a man who knows how to work your equipment.”
- “Luci is a House Elf.”
- “Enjoy your drink. We’ll pray for you.” – Luci, the Apprentice Bartender
- “I’m a little short to dress as Darth Vader.” – Helen
- “Hello, you’re looking down.” – Deet, supportive as always
- “I’m licking Obi-Wan. It is a good day.” – Beth
- “She’s Edward, not a man!” – Eliz
- “Now.. did they get the whipped cream for me?” – Rach
- “I like to go in there and just inhale, because it smells like books.” – Fen
- “You don’t want to listen to x-rated fix either, Mom?” – Carly
- “Well, that was a totally heterosexist clue!” – Carly
- Kelly: “What are we applauding?” Dan: “My squats.”
- “Urrr… I am not a clever pirate.” – VJ
- “Oh my gawd. Callista is Edward. Eww. That means Luke is Bella.” – Caitlin
- “Spores are comin’, man… woom-baya.” – Nancy
- “Woooooomb.” – Spontaneous chant throughout the room
- “So, who be the vendor of choice for blow-up salamanders?” – Tom
- “Yay! Fluffy boobs!” – Russ
- “He’s hot… not Gardulla the Hutt.” – J9
- “Peeing in a grass skirt is harder than it seems.” – Yav
- “Dunc has gotten into my soul. And that is scary.” – Beth
- Aaron: “Y’all are pretty deranged.” Dunc: “We learned it from watching you!”
- “PG actually counts by alphabetizing numbers.” – Dave
- “As much as I’d like a big red, star destroyer, but I’m probably better off with a Jedi.” – PG