Sad news. Kim Manners, uber-talented director-producer of X-Files and Supernatural has reportedly died of cancer. He will be sorely missed.
January 26th, 2009 by Yav · No Comments
May 15th, 2008 by Dunc · 3 Comments
To celebrate (!?) the ending of this very eventful TV season, EW counts down 20 of their favorite season finales. Plenty of genre shows make the cut, including Star Trek: TNG, Farscape, Alias, The X-Files and Buffy (above.)
Did your favorite make the list? (IMO: Both Alias and The X-Files had better finales than the ones they chose.)
May 12th, 2008 by Yav · No Comments
… the new X-Files movie won’t suck. I’m not holding my breath though. In any case, I couldn’t resist the lure of the viral videos posted on io9 where Moose and Squirrel discuss their feelings for each other (warning: could be seen as spoiler-ish).
May 12th, 2008 by Dunc · 3 Comments
Similar to the WonderCon bootleg, but watch it anyway.
April 20th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
So it seems that Seth Green had the biggest Star Wars news today… But Cinematical has pictures from the New York Comic Con, including one from Steve’s panel and several out-and-about troopers. Keep an eye on the nycc and newyorkcomiccon tags on Flickr for more shots.
- The Hobbit: Guillermo del Toro will know soon if he’s directing.
- X-Files: MTV has an interview with Carter and Spotnitz, while io9 and EW report from the X-Files panel.
- The Dark Knight: MTV has a blow-by-blow of the Bat-trailer, which will officially hit in two weeks.
- Narnia: Disney has “no plans” for after Dawn Treader. Yet.
- The Spirit: Haven’t really been covering this one, but the trailer premiered and it’s pretty neat.
April 18th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Surfacing today is a plot summary for the novelization of X-Files: I Want to Believe. Is it for real? X-Files News thinks so. Highlight to read the possible spoilers:
When a group of women are abducted in the wintry hills of rural Virginia, the only clues to their disappearance are the grotesque human remains that begin to turn up in snow banks along the highway. With officials desperate for any lead, a disgraced priest’s questionable “visions” send local police on a wild goose chase and straight to a bizarre secret medical experiment that may or may not be connected to the women’s disappearance. It’s a case right out of The X-Files. But the FBI closed down its investigations into the paranormal years ago. And the best team for the job is ex-agents Fox Mulder and Dr. Dana Scully, who have no desire to revisit their dark past.
The novelization is apparently being written by Max Allan Collins.
April 17th, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
So, the X-Files movie got itself an actual title. Can you believe they were fighting over the unbelievably generic X-Files: I Want to Believe? I actually had to double-check to make sure that wasn’t the title of the first film! (Hey… it’s been 10 years, okay?) Not that it’s a bad title, just… How isn’t it marketable? They ought to be slapping up the original ‘I want to believe’ poster at every megaplex in the nation, yesterday. (It would be an improvement.)
Speaking of spoilers, Sci Fi Wire spills on their set visit.
March 15th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
A little 90′s flashback for a Saturday morning… This song came up on my iTunes today and reminded me how awesome it is… And I realized I’d never seen the video, but heard it was hilarious. And it is! Alas, the quality is kinda crap but you can still make out the most notable cameos.
March 6th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
- Narnia: Motherlode of Prince Caspian stills.
- DragonBall Z movie delayed, in part because of The Clone Wars. WE DID IT!
- Speaking of Crimes against Cinema: Remakes of Rosemary’s Baby and The Breakfast Club?
- People: D.J. Caruso still wants Shia LaBeouf for Y: The Last Man; Djimon Hounsou all hyped up for Conan?
- Spoilers: X-philies will love this… if it was 1996; Liev Schreiber and Hugh Jackman in costume on the set of Wolverine; Check out the Watchmen.
February 24th, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Bootleg trailer for X-Files 2 from WonderCon. Watch it before the copyright police find it! If you actually want to read, io9 has a bit on the panel itself.