Sick of trudging through the entirety of A New Hope just to see your favorite Wookiee? Your prayers have been answered! (via)
StarWars.com discovered this Chewbacca pumpkin – it’s furry! Head on over to see the completed version.
But the newbies to the franchise are enjoying the hype that comes with a new (and still supported) show at the Television Critics Association:
- The ladies get caught doing Wookiee impressions (two e’s people…geez)
- David Blue outs himself…as a geek (no surprise to anyone following his Tweets) and Lou Diamond Phillips scores the biggest laugh of the panel in this summary.
- And the producers try changing tacks from the earliest marketing disaster to saying they’re trying to ”broaden” the Stargate appeal.
Better a Wookiee than a Selonian, I guess. (We’ll leave them to Corran.)
- Fanfic: Simon Pegg wrote some. No, for real.
- Appearances: Guess who showed up at the re-opening of the National Museum of American History? Artoo! We never would have guessed he was so patriotic. (Thanks, Stooge!)
- Lists: Topless Robot is on a roll with Five reasons Padme is a complete idiot. (Dude, I keep sayin’…) and the ten biggest robot bastards.
- Gaming: The problems inherent in Lego Star Wars.
The StarWars.com crew did some digging and unearthed several Holiday Special props and other detris – even an animatic reel of the cartoon. There’s also a handful of old articles – one on the art directors and concept art, kicking off with Ralph McQuarrie and an interview with Patty Maloney, who played Lumpawarrump, and Stan Winston on Wookiee makeup/costuming. And finally, learn to draw Chewie’s family.
- Ask Metafilter: How do I do a wookie roar with only my voice? I don’t know… Roar casual?
- 501st: UK Garrison visits children at Southampton General Hospital.
- Fan films: Starwarsy.pl interviews Alexandre O. Philippe, the brains behind The People vs. George Lucas.
- Comic: How to decide which Star Wars character you’re most like. (via)
Wookiee Noogie by Margaret Hogg.